My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it has been 1 year now that i have owned my X500.

What a machine! Here in the midwest we get the sub zero winters, 45 inches of snow last year, the wet spring, hot steamy summer and then the bumper fall crop of leaves!

The 500 has performed equally in all conditions. The only issue I have had in the last year (68 hrs) was a thrown belt on the mower deck.

Pushing snow with the 48 inch blade was a cinch. I was able to move drifts last winter up to 4 feet. The 150 ft x 20 ft drive (7 degree slope) with a 50ft x 30ft car pad can hold a lot of snow!

The electric broadcast spreader took care of the salt in winter, fertilizer and seed in spring / fall.

Grading black dirt in spring (15 ton) was no problem. (using the snow blade)

Mowing the 1 acre of lawn (half of it on a 25 degree slope) again was not a problem.

Hauling dirt and fire wood in the 17CU trailer was never a problem (had to lessen the load on the hill - tires just spun out - do have the HDAP Tires)

Now, with Fall, mulching the bumper crop of leaves ( 10 oaks, 7 Black Walnuts, 12 Maples) I am more impressed with this mower than ever.

I must admit that when I made the purchase last year, I gulped at the price however NO REGRETS!

To anyone considering this machine, go for it. You will not be disappointed.

The only addition I am making this year are the 2 iron wheel weights that I added this weekend. I already had the chains, but they did slip a little, so I trust the added weight will assist.

For the machines that have power steering, they must be extremely light on the steering, since mine is extremely agile and light to the touch. I did add the "poor mans power steering" (spinner) and I can whip her around on a dime!

4 Wheel steer may be nice, but to be honest, I have had no reason to even think I might need it, even with all my trees.

The diff lock means that I have yet to get it stuck, it is amazing how locking the diff makes such a difference.

The only thing I "might" want to add, would be hydraulics. But to be perfectly honest, that would just mean that I would just want to buy more attachments!

Would I buy it again?

Absolutely!

Would I recommend it to anyone?

Absolutely!

This machine has made yard work fun - yes, I said fun! No longer do I have any concerns over the weather since it has it's own application in every season.

:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

I know, I know, you want pictures!

That will have to wait till the weekend, dark when I leave for work, and dark when I get home. :sorry1:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sounds like a perfect fit with no buyers remorse.

·
4 acres of fun!
138 Posts
Thanks for the review - post a few pictures!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I'm glad what you want/need it to do and doing it even better than you had hoped it would.

:thanku:for the review and remembering we will need pics to confirm your claims.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Thanks for the great review. The x500 series of tractor is a great homeowner machine. I like my x530, can't wait till it snows to put it to good use. :fing32:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Great review and continue to enjoy it. slkpk

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
:thanku: for the great write-up, glad the X500 is making chores fun.:fing32:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Money well spent.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Good to hear that your X500 is getting all the jobs done and that you are enjoying it! I know I am enjoying mine as well :woohoo1:

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,104 Posts
Sounds great, but, without pictures, are you sure this isn't just a pleasant dream you are having?

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Glad it's working well for you and ditto on the X500's being a great tractor!

·
Murph
1,930 Posts
Ozzie must work at corporate.....;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not a dream, it is real. Just not too good a pictures ....

And no, I don't work for JD, but it seems like half the town does!

I have some good friends who do, so a JD Machine was the only option for me !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, I bow to peer pressure:fing32:

here are a couple of photos!
Brand new, on the trailer!

Even got my daughter to ride it!
(She really thinks I am a *******!)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Looks great, so does the tractor. :thThumbsU :hide:

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Even got my daughter to ride it!
(She really thinks I am a *******!)

A *******? She is the one I see driving without shoes of any kind...:dunno:

On a more serious note - it looks great and like you are getting good use and work out out of your X500.
:thanku: for the pics!

·
Murph
1,930 Posts
Do all X500s have the differential lock or is it an option?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts