My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Runs over toys & destroys
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently bought a Kohler Command CV22S v-twin and was told it had a 1" shaft. Upon inspection, it actually has a 1 1/8" shaft. I now need a new electric PTO. Where can I find one for a reasonable price? Please let me know ASAP.

·
Senior MTF Poster
13,075 Posts
Might try putting that in your Internet Browser and will probably get a bunch of suppliers. Stens and most small engine parts supply houses.

Walt Conner

·
Senior Tinkerer
1,570 Posts
Of course, finding a 1 1/8" clutch is part of the problem, but number of pulleys, the size of the pulley, how many electrical connectors (some have two) and what the electro/mechanical specs are also enter into it. :fing20:

I recently was looking for a Warner 5218-39 or a substitute. The only thing I found was a substitute on SEPW for $400. Kinda steep, I thought! :swow:

Does anybody have any experience with how to go about determining what can be substituted? My 5218-39 number was not original on my tractor. Someone had previously substituted it. The parts manual number is what SEPW ended up saying they had for $400.

Muffduster, I don't want to hijack your post, but I was thinking you might not actually know the 1 1/8" p/n. If you do it will be much easier for you.
:goodl:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I belive that the cluch is actualy just a coil and any motor rewind shop can wind a new coil. Can you disasemble it and take the winding out ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts