My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback on this deck? I tend to only mulch (could care less about bagging) and I'd rather mow two days in a row if it gets away from me then side discharge and rake.

Is this a better mulcher then the standard 42 deck w/ a mulch kit installed?

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have the 42" mulching deck on my X300 and it's great. So far I haven't seen any noticable signs of clippings after mowing and I"ve mulched a lot of leaves into pretty much nothing with it. As I mentioned in the other thread, be carefull for rocks though because they bounce around in there for a little.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 42" mulching deck on my X300 and it's great. So far I haven't seen any noticable signs of clippings after mowing and I"ve mulched a lot of leaves into pretty much nothing with it. As I mentioned in the other thread, be carefull for rocks though because they bounce around in there for a little.
That's what I want to hear !!! I like the offset blade design w/ counter rotating blades - makes a lot of sense. Keep the grass jumbling around in their longer, and I've no doubt the Kawa has enough grunt to lug through it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, yesterday I just got done cutting. The conditions were NOT optimal for mulching in any way, shape, or form. My grass was easily mid-shin high in places. The grass itself was dry but the ground was soggy wet - normally I would have let it dry out more but by then some of the grass might have been knee high !!!

We've had pretty much 7 or 8 days of rain here in PA, so really my lawn had about 1 days worth of decent 75 degrees to dry.

Took the new X300 w/ mulching deck out to task. Let me say, confidently and with no remorse:

THIS RIG CAN MULCH ! ! !

She cut through everything I could point her at with no problems at all. She left very little clippings around that I could find (unless you count the street or driveway where I was turning - that was a mess). She never bogged down, she never even so much as vibrated hard as she was chunking through it all.

I drove slowly in order to respect the machine and job, but the X300 surpassed my expectations. Easily.

I wasn't thrileed w/ sending her mod bogging, so I did everything within reason to clean her up. I used the leave-blower to blow all the grass, smuck, and yard snot off her. I waited 1/2 hour for the spindles to dry and used the washout ports (on the other hand, these did NOT meet my expecations). I then put the leaf blower on high and kissed all the tire treads w/ it in order to shoot the mud/slime out of the treads. After dinner I pulled the deck off anyway and using a plastic spackle knife I cleaned the bottom off real nice (further proving out the washout ports are as useless as tits on a bull).

She's in the garage. She's not dealer clean, you can tell she worked. But she did a damned fine job. Welcome to the family !!!

Jopopsy:trink40:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts