My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may remember this rider when I bought with a blown Intek engine in it. I just let it set trying to decide whether I wanted to rebuild engine or not. Summer came and went and I sold it by email from a guy who was looking for an Auto Drive trans for his wife to use.

I gave him three options that I had but none were ready, so he made his choice based solely on photo's I sent him. One was the 2005 Murray Classic, and the 2004 Murray Select, and the 97 Murray 18hp 46".

He chose the Select model. I told him about the 18hp Intek being blown, but that I had another 17hp OHV single that I believed was a good engine. He said that he was ok with the smaller hp engine. So in it went.

Here is the completed and finished AND sold Murray.

I got $450 for it and he brought me his old 1998 Murray 18hp/52" Wide Body Auto Drive, that has some issues to be fixed. I believe I may have a Hydro problem with it that I may have to try to change trans oil in. It works but doesn't want to climb hills, so it 's tired.

The photo's show the old Intek and the new old 2001 OHV engine that I replaced in this rider. and then the finished shiny condition just before he picked it up.

I'll show the photo's of the freebie trade in he gave me tomorrow on a new thread. I've got to get photo's of it first. It looks like yours, BBY, in the model appearance, with the metal grille and the wide body hood.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
Good deal on the sale/trade in. Looking foward to the pics.

·
Registered
305 Posts
From reading yours and BBY's post you guys have wrench a lot of the Murrays. I really like the style hood you got in pic. Would or that year be fitted on my 1996's

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Possibly.....as long as you don't have a wide cowl by the steering wheel, you could bend it to fit the designed cowling BUT it would need to be able to fit the frame bracket on the front and would need to be a single cylinder engine.

This would make it look like a 2004 model..........

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sounded like a plan till you got to that single cylinder part, thanks I appreciate the information though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts