My Tractor Forum banner
Showcase cover image for Gabi

General Information

Year
1968
Make
Ford
Model
Force 2000
Color
Ford Corporate Blue/Ghost Gray
History
Prior to 2008 Gabi had fallen on hard times and "make do" repairs. Taken to a CNH dealer for consignment sale. There she got a largely cosmetic make over and was sold to a land developer who used him for finish grading and mowing. Since my purchase in March of 2017 he was hard to turn over. All starting components were replaced including Pertronix ignition. Once started he was then totally reliable and fully functional. Hard starting problem is behind us now.
1968 Ford Force 2000 (Ford Corporate Blue/Ghost Gray)
2452832
2452833
32257.jpg 32259.jpg 32261.jpg 32263.jpg 32265.jpg 32267.jpg 32269.jpg 32271.jpg 20190907_094257.jpg 20191004_104109.jpg
2452834
20190907_094257.jpg 20191004_104109.jpg finally Decals 1.jpg

Modifications

Drivetrain
36 HP with 8 speed transmission
Interior
Sheet metal repainted, correct decal set applied
Exterior
Zenith Carburetor, Pertronix electronic ignition, 17TF Napa battery, Replaced lower lift arms with correct parts. Remanufactured engine, new clutch and pressure plate. Hydraulic sump flushed and internal filters replaced.
Audio
31 (TractorData)
Lighting
OEM warning light with conduit on left fender
Exhaust
Vertical
Suspension
12" Auger
Panel Fork
6' Rear Blade
1000 lb Counter Weight
36" dump scraper bucket
Wheel and Tire
6.5 X 16 Front 99%
13.6 X 28 Rear 99%

Comments

·
Tractor Conservator
Joined
·
25 Posts
Last summer Gabi was in her hayday. We joined the Classic Antique Power Club. Purchased a 2013 ML350 to pull a newly purchased and set up Big Tex hauler. In the fall, and with no warning, clutch bottomed out. Turns out that the PO had installed it without changing and pressure plate and did not readjust fingers to accommodate the new clutch. After a trip to repair shop, I learned that "checking the oil" is a multisensory routine involving smell and feeling the oil on the dipstick as well as just looking at the level. Fuel pump diaphragm had ruptured, putting gas in the oil (certainly not the first time) and finished wiping out bearings. So with new clutch and now a new remanufactured engine, my intended fall project of correcting a carelessly cut vertical exhaust hole in the hood by PO and repainting front sheet metal with new correct decals was finally finished at the first of April. Somewhere along the way I replaced the fan shroud (badly pitted before PO painted it) and both radius rods and all 4 ends that PO had used as step ladders.
 
Top