MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Single Post - First use report: Grapple from Innovative Tractor Attachments
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 03-22-2016, 07:07 PM
martincom
Senior MTF Member

Re: First use report: Grapple from Innovative Tractor Attachments

It came with a number of different hitch pins and a large carriage bolt w/nut & split washer. While the instructions that were emailed (attached) didn't detail how the hitch pins were to be utilized, I'm gathering the larger one was an alternative to the carriage bolt and the smaller one was to keep the bottom cylinder attaching bracket from spinning on the carriage bolt axis.

I wasn't keen on the larger hitchpin in place of the carriage bolt as this would allow the lower cylinder mounting bracket to work back and forth on top of the Quick Hitch, creating wear points. So I utilize the carriage bolt. I also utilized the normal Quick Hitch pivot lock pin to secure the back of the lower cylinder mounting bracket to keep it from spinning on the carriage bolt axis. Mine has a small attaching chain to keep it from becoming lost and I didn't want to take it off, but yet it needs a storage point. It was long enough to do the job. The back hole of the lower cylinder mounting bracket lines up with the pivot pin storage hole, so there are no holes to drill.

If you're going to move the angling cylinder back and forth, I'd suggest you get some 1/2 x 2-1/4" clevis pins and appropriate sized hitch pin clips to simplify it. The Quick Hitch utilizes a cotter pin and that is what is supplied with the grapple.

Moving the angling cylinder back and forth between the Quick Hitch and the grapple is a bit of a pain, in my opinion. So I acquired another angling cylinder kit that is permanently installed on the grapple.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Quick Hitch Grapple Installation Guide.pdf (703.7 KB, 448 views)
File Type: pdf Quick Hitch Grapple Operators Manual.pdf (833.1 KB, 493 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome