MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Single Post - Gravely Mow-Ins, Shows, Swap Meets, Gatherings, Etc.
View Single Post
post #34 of Old 06-15-2015, 10:17 AM
devans
3K Poster!!!!

Re: Gravely Mow-Ins, Shows, Swap Meets, Gatherings, Etc.

Well it was my first mow in and it was great putting names and faces together. I picked up some much needed parts and souvenirs.
Meeting Ellis was a trip, we talked for around 15 minutes and it was clear he didn't put two and two together (name tag and the conversation) when I finally said "hey bone head don't you have a part for me?" The next thing I know I'm in a bear hug. Lols. Ellis is so much bigger in person then he is on the computer.
I had some great conversations with John (jepics) and Dave (tracktortag), got to deliver a message to Ralph that I've been wanting to for some time but it wouldn't translate out right typed out. I'm actually kidding Ralph, I'm jealous of your luck.
I don't know if there is an award for packing but CanaryAl would have had it hands down. I was impressed with the amount of stuff he had between the van and the trailer, the very definition of ten pounds of poo in a five pound bucket.
Steve Turcheck working on his famous videos we all love to see and I'm sure I'm missing some of you.
I kept missing Phil and Ron who I wanted to meet.
I'm embarrassed to say I didn't get a single picture, I was suffering from the kid in the candy store syndrome. My wife got a few, god bless her.

Thanks to all who worked to put this together the wife and I had a blast.

Don Evans

I thought I had G.A.S. under control, I was Gravely mistaken

1963 L8 - Under reconstruction M 96599, M# G-5451
1972 816
1973 408 rider
1973 C - Parts tractor S/N 88418
1973 C8 - Current workhorse
1983 5200 - Current workhorse
30" Quick hitch mower
30" 106 mower
MA-210
48" plow blade