I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm - Page 2 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 09:45 AM
ChevellesRule
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 14
Re: I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm

Not to beat this to death but John Deere on their own website calls their X300, X500, X700 tractors "Lawn Tractors and or Lawn Mowers" just thought I'd let you know about what manufacturers call the equipment.

https://www.deere.com/en/mowers/lawn...s/x700-series/

Just thought this might be of interest.
Herbl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 11:22 AM
Tech Exchange Moderator
 
Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kane County,IL
Posts: 15,048
Re: I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbl View Post
Not to beat this to death but John Deere on their own website calls their X300, X500, X700 tractors "Lawn Tractors and or Lawn Mowers" just thought I'd let you know about what manufacturers call the equipment.

https://www.deere.com/en/mowers/lawn...s/x700-series/

Just thought this might be of interest.
I'll refer you to page 5 post 67 https://www.mytractorforum.com/64-hu...html:thThumbsU

John Deere Models: 2025R TLB,X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3 GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
Ingersoll Model:3016PS
Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
White Model: GT2055



MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Sergeant is online now  
post #18 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 11:24 AM
Tech Exchange Moderator
 
Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kane County,IL
Posts: 15,048
Re: I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUDOR View Post
How about " A SCUT is a GT on steroids"?

Even that loses something in the translation. My heavy tractors are primarily snow movers. My 2wd GT with chains will outperform my 4wd SCUT without chains any day of the week doing that job.
New Holland and Massey Ferguson treat there SCUT's as Garden tractors on Steroids

John Deere Models: 2025R TLB,X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3 GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
Ingersoll Model:3016PS
Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
White Model: GT2055



MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Sergeant is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior MTF Member
 
FLHusqGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 147
Re: I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Urquell View Post
Ha! That argument will drive you crazy as there is no set-in-stone definition and many will define it based on the equipment they personally own. The last thread discussing that devolved into "Nothing but a SCUT is a GT" It was strange and I just showed myself to the door before I became too irritated.

Here's my OPINION on new GTs: No new GT is gonna be like the old GTs. For new GTs I look at the weight of the machine and the hydrostat. The Husqvarna has the hydrostat of a light GT but the weight of a lawn tractor. I wish that all new GTs could be like the heyday of older heavy GTs but that day is gone and the closest thing to that nowadays is the JD X700 series and Simplicity Legacy series. Cost on those is so close to SCUT territory I'd rather buy the SCUT and have a PTO if I needed that much more power.

For a MOWER for bigger properties, the TS Husqvarna is a good deal. If you want a GT, buy something older with more weight and steel in it.
Thank You!!!!!

You get it, Husqvarna miss-represents their product.

And, as for your opinion, I respect that, especially when it's given as such, up front. That's the whole stance (just be up front or properly represent your product) I promised Husqvarna I would take when "they" chose to not honor my warranty with their written lies, I confronted them with. (I told them "I'm left with no other choice but to warn people as much as I can" to beware (be aware) of Husqvarna Garden Tractors and their worthless warranty).

(all I've asked since then from Husqvarna, a public apology to my Wife and I, and to properly represent their product, if that's tooo hard for them, at least publicly debate my accusations, and their written statement of reasons for warranty denial, and my evidence, out in the open, a year ago. Husqvarna's response.....yeah, that's too hard for them too. I'm keeping my word)

About the definition.....

The manufacturing secter has specific rules in order to be in compliance. I have many credentialed places I can point to that are regulated by our Government and by themselves through agreements, but this is enough, for now.

It's really as simple as starting right here,

1) Is there an official organization that is responsible for defining and compliance of safety, and for what?

YES! Even John Deere advertises openly in their compliance with OPEI.

Outdoor Power Equipment Institute. OPEI.

2) If it matters to the manufacturers, then it should probably matter to the customer.

3) Who within this organization creates the definition for US manufacturing compliance?

The list of manufacturers are in the pdf I supplied and look in particular to......Husqvarna. Yep, they are on the list of contributing manufacturer members. Also, it would be illegal for Husqvarna to sell one tractor out of compliance with OPEI, so how do they skirt the definition and compliance part? Ever notice what the TS354D is listed as by category of tractor? Yeah..."Riding Lawn Mower" and their warranty has zero allowance for using Garden Tractor implements, all other use is denied by abuse or modification clauses (and others), and has zero classification for Garden Tractor, in the warranty they are Ridding Lawn Mowers only, again in compliance with OPEI. I think the answer is somewhere in here.

But, remember, OPEI defines Garden Tractor with it's own definition! Husqvarna miss-represents their Garden Tractor for many other reason's, too include their unwaivering support for their unethical Dealers. (there are ethical one's too)

When a person buys a Chevy 3500 (1 ton+ classification) the customer can look up what the official standards for manufacture are and have a reasonable expectation that it will safely and competently haul 1 ton as it's payload. When it doesn't in accordance with the warranty period, the customer has a reasonable expectation that the warranty will be honored when their truck failed while using it in compliance with industry standards and the manufacturing standards, clearly defined. It's tooo easy.

Also, this definition has become stronger or more clear since 1979, maybe earlier, but I'm not listing a fact without holding the proof, as for me, opinions cost too much, and so, don't work for me, only proof. The definition with engineering standards is what the machine should be "capable" of, not opinion. That's the reason for the title, so as to keep it in line with the official definition. These aren't my words, and the evidence of OPEI's importance for manufacturing compliance is numerous, just look.

The ASABE has responsibility for engineering standards and force specifics for implements and the Garden Tractor (or Lawn Tractor). OPEI is responsible for the definition of Lawn or Garden Tractor, and the agreement for compliance of engineering standards according to their definition and the safety equipment for compliance.

There is a Lawn Tractor according to official standards. Fact.

There is a Garden Tractor according to official standards. Fact.

There is "no" defined official standards for, Light Garden Tractor (LGT), Yard Tractor (YT), or any other combination of marketing strategies. These categories are completely up to the manufacturer, to mean whatever they want. Fact.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if Husqvarna would not be interested in their customers knowing there are actual industry standards. Don't worry, I have been doing my homework as promised, so I can make people "aware" of when they are being fleeced with or how at least, then it's up to them, at least they will have actual facts to be able to make their purchasing decision for themselves.

A copy is given to those that want the whole definition.

There have always been groups of people, ok with just belief. Right?



I've offered actual evidence. More than I can say for other's.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lawn-and-garden-ride-on-riding-tractors—One-point.pdf (71.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: pdf Riding-Lawn-Mowers-and-Tractors.pdf (63.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: pdf OPEI_ Member Listing.pdf (135.5 KB, 10 views)
FLHusqGT is offline  
post #20 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior MTF Member
 
FLHusqGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 147
Re: I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
New Holland and Massey Ferguson treat there SCUT's as Garden tractors on Steroids
I like them, want one, maybe someday.....

Nice to hear from you Sergeant.
FLHusqGT is offline  
post #21 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior MTF Member
 
FLHusqGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 147
Re: I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbl View Post
Not to beat this to death but John Deere on their own website calls their X300, X500, X700 tractors "Lawn Tractors and or Lawn Mowers" just thought I'd let you know about what manufacturers call the equipment.

https://www.deere.com/en/mowers/lawn...s/x700-series/

Just thought this might be of interest.
To you and Sergeant,

I know it does seem to be beating this to death, but .....

John Deere chose to identify proper class of tractor through their implements, very shrewd but honest at least.

The tractors are being "under-represented" by John Deere. That's fantastic!!!!! So instead of Miss-representing their product like Husqvarna, they under-represent it. This keeps them honest and in compliance with standards, also keeps them protected too without compromising customer service.

In fact, my local Dealer, asked why I wanted to see the X500 and X700, as in what are my needs. After demonstrating differences between them and going through prices, suggested looking at the SCUT after I communicated the X500 still seemed too light. His logic was in showing the chassis difference (being an important ingredient for actual "capability") and with the nearly same price, I could have a warranty that honors use of implements other than just a mowing deck. I like it too, someday maybe.

The point is, if I didn't have this knowledge I've promised to give, I wouldn't be able to see the value or the other owner of the proverbial check book, my Wife, in the SCUT and why. This further fortifies my resolve to point out how Husqvarna takes advantage of their main market (entry level).

The Simplicity Legacy is being classed as a Garden Tractor under representing it as a SCUT.

The Cub Cadet XT3 is a tough one for now. The XT3 has a "capable" chassis, Motor and drive shaft are sufficient for GT class but I'm unsure about the Transaxle (G7) true design capabilities. So if the G7 is a designed ground engagement transaxle along with the other package than Kudos to CUB, (MTD) for also under-representing their tractor too.

The Kubota is also under represented, excellent!

Miss representation has always been at the heart of these threads for awareness. Under represent all day long if you want, perfectly ethical, and honest because by it's very nature serves to protect and not harm.
FLHusqGT is offline  
post #22 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Tech Exchange Moderator
 
Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kane County,IL
Posts: 15,048
Re: I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHusqGT View Post
To you and Sergeant,

I know it does seem to be beating this to death, but .....

John Deere chose to identify proper class of tractor through their implements, very shrewd but honest at least.

The tractors are being "under-represented" by John Deere. That's fantastic!!!!! So instead of Miss-representing their product like Husqvarna, they under-represent it. This keeps them honest and in compliance with standards, also keeps them protected too without compromising customer service.

In fact, my local Dealer, asked why I wanted to see the X500 and X700, as in what are my needs. After demonstrating differences between them and going through prices, suggested looking at the SCUT after I communicated the X500 still seemed too light. His logic was in showing the chassis difference (being an important ingredient for actual "capability") and with the nearly same price, I could have a warranty that honors use of implements other than just a mowing deck. I like it too, someday maybe.

The point is, if I didn't have this knowledge I've promised to give, I wouldn't be able to see the value or the other owner of the proverbial check book, my Wife, in the SCUT and why. This further fortifies my resolve to point out how Husqvarna takes advantage of their main market (entry level).

The Simplicity Legacy is being classed as a Garden Tractor under representing it as a SCUT.

The Cub Cadet XT3 is a tough one for now. The XT3 has a "capable" chassis, Motor and drive shaft are sufficient for GT class but I'm unsure about the Transaxle (G7) true design capabilities. So if the G7 is a designed ground engagement transaxle along with the other package than Kudos to CUB, (MTD) for also under-representing their tractor too.

The Kubota is also under represented, excellent!

Miss representation has always been at the heart of these threads for awareness. Under represent all day long if you want, perfectly ethical, and honest because by it's very nature serves to protect and not harm.
XT3 doesn't use a G730 it Used a BDU 10 Hydro-Gear Pump on a Cub Cadet final drive It rates about equivalent to a Tuff-Torq K70 series

The last Cub Cadet to use a G730 Trans was the GTX1054

Current XT1 Garden tractors use a K58. For 2017 the Top of the line XT1 Garden tractor used a K62 without diff/lock and the Year Prior had Used a K62 with diff/lock Currently Only the XT2 GX 54D uses a K62 with Diff Lock. The XT2 GX50 also uses a K58. The K58 is really the Only thing wrong with the XT 1 GT50 & GT54 & the XT2 GX50 The rest of the tractor Kind Of Put the Current Husqvarna "TS" & Previous "GT" to shame as the XT1 & XT2 Garden tractors frame's are so much stronger then the Stamped TS & GT Frame and then the GX54 D also Has pedal Operated Diff Lock The K62 is Fine for some sleeve Hitch work.

Probably the Only Ground engaging the TS is Up to really is Running the Bercomac 30inch tiller and On the surface ground engaging Ie rear Blade, Rake, Box scrape and Disc's. But some have been successful with a 10inch Plow and have Had no problems with it. The TS is Just Not a Good power slip Bucket Platform. Dave in MD has been using a TS to Pull heavy tree branches with no Frame Problems But he's Not over doing it and has Learned from your Issues Maybe Husqvarna will wise Up if there are Many more Frame issues down the Line with the TS and start using a C- style frame again

John Deere Models: 2025R TLB,X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3 GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
Ingersoll Model:3016PS
Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
White Model: GT2055



MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Sergeant is online now  
post #23 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 07:42 PM
Proud Member of the 1K Club
 
Steve Urquell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,614
Re: I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
XT3 doesn't use a G730 it Used a BDU 10 Hydro-Gear Pump on a Cub Cadet final drive It rates about equivalent to a Tuff-Torq K70 series
Thank you!

I see this hydro underrated all the time even down to a K58 by people assuming they know what it is. I have a BDU-10 XT3 and a BDU-21 3240 and use them heavily. The BDU-21 is rated stronger than the K72 hydro. My Xt3 with BDU-10 has done as much work as my BDU-21 on ground engaging tasks up to pulling my >200lb gravel drag piled up with 200+lbs of gravel like it was nothing as well as pulling my 100lb box blade with 160lbs of iron weights on it full of gravel around the 100yd driveway.

If there's a torque/capability difference (other than the BDU-10 NOT having an auxiliary hydraulic circuit) in the BDU-21 and BDU-10 when hooked to CC's cast iron diff I can't tell the difference. They feel the same to me and I haven't yet tasked either one of them with something they couldn't do--and I'm a "go or blow" dude.

Oh, I hooked my old Wheelhorse with K61 hydro to my gravel drag and it just wouldn't go. Like I was trying to pull a cruise ship. The drag laughed at it. My XT3 OWNED the drag.

2016 Cub XT3 GSE 54" Fab deck, fabbed winch sleeve hitch
2001 Cub 3240 44" deck, fabbed hydraulic sleeve hitch
Steve Urquell is online now  
post #24 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior MTF Member
 
FLHusqGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 147
Re: I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
XT3 doesn't use a G730 it Used a BDU 10 Hydro-Gear Pump on a Cub Cadet final drive It rates about equivalent to a Tuff-Torq K70 series

The last Cub Cadet to use a G730 Trans was the GTX1054

Current XT1 Garden tractors use a K58. For 2017 the Top of the line XT1 Garden tractor used a K62 without diff/lock and the Year Prior had Used a K62 with diff/lock Currently Only the XT2 GX 54D uses a K62 with Diff Lock. The XT2 GX50 also uses a K58. The K58 is really the Only thing wrong with the XT 1 GT50 & GT54 & the XT2 GX50 The rest of the tractor Kind Of Put the Current Husqvarna "TS" & Previous "GT" to shame as the XT1 & XT2 Garden tractors frame's are so much stronger then the Stamped TS & GT Frame and then the GX54 D also Has pedal Operated Diff Lock The K62 is Fine for some sleeve Hitch work.

Probably the Only Ground engaging the TS is Up to really is Running the Bercomac 30inch tiller and On the surface ground engaging Ie rear Blade, Rake, Box scrape and Disc's. But some have been successful with a 10inch Plow and have Had no problems with it. The TS is Just Not a Good power slip Bucket Platform. Dave in MD has been using a TS to Pull heavy tree branches with no Frame Problems But he's Not over doing it and has Learned from your Issues Maybe Husqvarna will wise Up if there are Many more Frame issues down the Line with the TS and start using a C- style frame again
Sergeant, I enjoy these posts with you.

Thank you for that BDU 10, That's right, but do you have any Hydro-Gear Lit on the qualifications, that show it's designed for ground engagement, because that makes them under-represented such as John Deere, and that's responsible.

The pedal operated diff lock would be very nice. You get it. The chassis on that XT1,2, and of course the XT3 are proven stronger by design, plus Jonny Products supports this assesment too, along with a side,

I went to my Tractor Supply with calipers and measured thickness on the chassis of the XT1,2. They were thicker gauge, I read 1/8", verses the Husqvarna TS, GT at 12 Gauge.

On the TS/ GT,

With my personal opin of actual capability (I don't want anyone to mistake what I'm saying here, If you have a warranty with Husqvarna this opinion dosn't matter, for the warranty it's not capable according to Husqvarna themselves), I agree with your assessment that pulling it should be able to do. It's the front loading of that chassis that it's not designed for.

The warning to people of actual capability that is being represented by Husqvarna is, and has been my primary concern, because of the false sense of confidence Husqvarna induces with the warranty and ads, etc. But I know by now you already know my intentions.

For those still wondering.

Protect the innocent, Warn others and give enough info to be informed when you buy, what ever you choose to buy.

I write about solutions to problems I encounter with the GT also, just to share what can be done if you choose, and the results as they are, to try and give to the community an archive of how to for even the person without confidence but wonders if they can.....You Can.

Such as wiring up a Johnny bucket, always with plenty of pictures.

Converting the front wheel bushings to 1" roller bearings, and such. Not because I think everyone should, just if you wondered how. Enjoy.

I have more useful mods coming, but when I get breaks in the thunderstorms I do have work in the yard my GT and I must do!

I'm really glad to hear that Dave is benefiting from the cautions I put out, and is enjoying his machine. These types of reports give some meaning and satisfaction to the hard work I have put into this. They really are a nice looking machine.

Let's get Husqvarna to get their heads out of their 3 points of contact and deliver the real bargain it could be....It should be! .
FLHusqGT is offline  
post #25 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 07:56 PM
Tech Exchange Moderator
 
Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kane County,IL
Posts: 15,048
Re: I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Urquell View Post
Thank you!

I see this hydro underrated all the time even down to a K58 by people assuming they know what it is. I have a BDU-10 XT3 and a BDU-21 3240 and use them heavily. The BDU-21 is rated stronger than the K72 hydro. My Xt3 with BDU-10 has done as much work as my BDU-21 on ground engaging tasks up to pulling my >200lb gravel drag piled up with 200+lbs of gravel like it was nothing as well as pulling my 100lb box blade with 160lbs of iron weights on it full of gravel around the 100yd driveway.

If there's a torque/capability difference (other than the BDU-10 NOT having an auxiliary hydraulic circuit) in the BDU-21 and BDU-10 when hooked to CC's cast iron diff I can't tell the difference. They feel the same to me and I haven't yet tasked either one of them with something they couldn't do--and I'm a "go or blow" dude.

Oh, I hooked my old Wheelhorse with K61 hydro to my gravel drag and it just wouldn't go. Like I was trying to pull a cruise ship. The drag laughed at it. My XT3 OWNED the drag.
The Wheel horse 266 series and the New Holland LS series were considered Yard Tractors Only rated at using a 36inch Belt driven PTO tiller for rear Mounted ground engaging and not sleeve Hitch work Because all the Tractor does is Guide & Provide power to the tiller. The tiller doesn't Put a lot of strain On the Transmission Like a sleeve Hitch Implement such as a Cultivator or 10inch Plow will do

John Deere Models: 2025R TLB,X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3 GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
Ingersoll Model:3016PS
Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
White Model: GT2055



MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Sergeant is online now  
post #26 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 PM
Proud Member of the 1K Club
 
Steve Urquell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
The Wheel horse 266 series and the New Holland LS series were considered Yard Tractors Only rated at using a 36inch Belt driven PTO tiller for rear Mounted ground engaging and not sleeve Hitch work Because all the Tractor does is Guide & Provide power to the tiller. The tiller doesn't Put a lot of strain On the Transmission Like a sleeve Hitch Implement such as a Cultivator or 10inch Plow will do <img src="https://www.mytractorforum.com/images/smilies/thThumbsUp.gif" border="0" alt="" title="ThThumbsUp" class="inlineimg" />
That comparison was for those thinking the BDU-10 is anywhere near a K-58. My XT3 would probably be able to drag my old 700lb Wheelhorse around the yard while I was mowing lol.

2016 Cub XT3 GSE 54" Fab deck, fabbed winch sleeve hitch
2001 Cub 3240 44" deck, fabbed hydraulic sleeve hitch
Steve Urquell is online now  
post #27 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 PM
Professional Homeowner
 
steddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Muskegon, Michigan
Posts: 6,680
Re: I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
The Wheel horse 266 series and the New Holland LS series were considered Yard Tractors Only rated at using a 36inch Belt driven PTO tiller for rear Mounted ground engaging and not sleeve Hitch work Because all the Tractor does is Guide & Provide power to the tiller. The tiller doesn't Put a lot of strain On the Transmission Like a sleeve Hitch Implement such as a Cultivator or 10inch Plow will do
It does if you put the belt on wrong (like I did on my Wheelhorse 520-H!)


Overkill.
I love overkill.

I'm Ted.

How'd you get your screen name?
(Click Here)
steddy is online now  
post #28 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 08:18 PM
Tech Exchange Moderator
 
Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kane County,IL
Posts: 15,048
Re: I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHusqGT View Post
Sergeant, I enjoy these posts with you.

Thank you for that BDU 10, That's right, but do you have any Hydro-Gear Lit on the qualifications, that show it's designed for ground engagement, because that makes them under-represented such as John Deere, and that's responsible.

The pedal operated diff lock would be very nice. You get it. The chassis on that XT1,2, and of course the XT3 are proven stronger by design, plus Jonny Products supports this assesment too, along with a side,

I went to my Tractor Supply with calipers and measured thickness on the chassis of the XT1,2. They were thicker gauge, I read 1/8", verses the Husqvarna TS, GT at 12 Gauge.

On the TS/ GT,

With my personal opin of actual capability (I don't want anyone to mistake what I'm saying here, If you have a warranty with Husqvarna this opinion dosn't matter, for the warranty it's not capable according to Husqvarna themselves), I agree with your assessment that pulling it should be able to do. It's the front loading of that chassis that it's not designed for.

The warning to people of actual capability that is being represented by Husqvarna is, and has been my primary concern, because of the false sense of confidence Husqvarna induces with the warranty and ads, etc. But I know by now you already know my intentions.

For those still wondering.

Protect the innocent, Warn others and give enough info to be informed when you buy, what ever you choose to buy.

I write about solutions to problems I encounter with the GT also, just to share what can be done if you choose, and the results as they are, to try and give to the community an archive of how to for even the person without confidence but wonders if they can.....You Can.

Such as wiring up a Johnny bucket, always with plenty of pictures.

Converting the front wheel bushings to 1" roller bearings, and such. Not because I think everyone should, just if you wondered how. Enjoy.

I have more useful mods coming, but when I get breaks in the thunderstorms I do have work in the yard my GT and I must do!

I'm really glad to hear that Dave is benefiting from the cautions I put out, and is enjoying his machine. These types of reports give some meaning and satisfaction to the hard work I have put into this. They really are a nice looking machine.

Let's get Husqvarna to get their heads out of their 3 points of contact and deliver the real bargain it could be....It should be! .
It all depends On the final drive with BDU because all the BDU is. Is a Pump itself. So if the final drive is not designed By the Manufacturer to do ground engaging work then it won't Be rated for it If the Manufacturer Make's the final drive to do ground engaging work then it's Capable of Ground engaging work. For example Deere was Using the BDU 10S-213 In 1982 In the JD111H Lawn tractors with a Lawn tractor final drive. The 10L-225 is used In the Cub Cadet XT3 series

My 1999 White GT2055 has a Sunstrand 90 Pump with a 2 speed Peerless final drive

John Deere Models: 2025R TLB,X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3 GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
Ingersoll Model:3016PS
Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
White Model: GT2055



MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Sergeant is online now  
post #29 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 08:20 PM
Tech Exchange Moderator
 
Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kane County,IL
Posts: 15,048
Re: I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by steddy View Post
It does if you put the belt on wrong (like I did on my Wheelhorse 520-H!)
Yeah I have Had days where You Put something on wrong and You Put strain on something your shouldn't

John Deere Models: 2025R TLB,X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3 GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
Ingersoll Model:3016PS
Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
White Model: GT2055



MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Sergeant is online now  
post #30 of 44 Old 07-11-2019, 08:50 PM
That Guy
 
oefveteran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 962
Re: I saw this today, Husqvarna won't call their TS a GT, hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by steddy
It does if you put the belt on wrong (like I did on my Wheelhorse 520-H!)
Oof!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHusqGT
Protect the innocent, Warn others and give enough info to be informed when you buy, what ever you choose to buy.
Hey, I just wanted you to know that I really enjoy your threads. Between the research you've done, to the mods you've made on your TS you've really contributed a lot to this forum.

Every time I get on my XT3 I am reminded why I purchased it.

Cub Cadet XT3 GSX
John Deere 10P Yard Cart

oefveteran is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome