MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Single Post - Picked-up my new best friend today--5518
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 02-05-2014, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
5001craig
MTF Member

Re: Picked-up my new best friend today--5518

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb4212 View Post
Lucky duck. Nice unit!!!!
Thank-you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This was a nice tractor, but not a great seller. Too spendy for the market, so it was discontinued by Honda.

I only found two service notes:

1. Max engine rpm is 2,950. This is slower than many other Honda tractors, but the travel speed is the same because of the H5518's gearing...

2. A Service Bulletin was issued back in March, 1996 for a "no shift" issue with the main transmission. Affected tractors were serial numbers 2000001-2500021. The shift piece shaft could damage the neutral switch, causing the interlock system to prohibit shifting. Updated shift piece shafts got improved surface treatments to prevent this problem. Fix is to replace the shift piece shaft and damaged neutral switch:

I appreciate your post and info. My Frame Number is TZAC-3500567 and the Engine Number is 1015981 so it looks to me like I'm not in the Service Bulletin.

Spendy it was... The price for the tractor, mower deck (which I did not get) and the 54" blade was $9,177.00 on 3/12/96 (I got a fairly complete file on the unit). The customer that purchased the unit originally was a Honda employee and there was a considerable discount given to them but at $7,573.20 for the tractor, mower deck, 54" blade and quick-hitch it was still expensive. But I purchased a diesel grasshopper new in 2000 for $10K and that just came with a mower. Good equipment is not cheap.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome