GAS strikes again!
Even though I have yet to finish my current 816S project, this was too convenient to pass up. Popped up on CL, about 40 minutes down the road - 1974 816S (S/N 23063A).
- Newer engine (PO says about 500 hours)
- Quiet/smooth transmission
- PTO clutch seems in good shape
- Solid mower deck
- Spring lift assist
- Brackets for front attachments
- Front PTO (but not the drive shaft)
- Clutches need some serious adjustment (possibly new cams)
- No hydraulics, obviously
- Flat front tire
- Handful of misc. jury rigs to correct
Good thing I'm running out of room in the shop, or this could get dangerous...
'43 Willys MB
'51 Willys M38
'55 Willys M170 (Restoration underway...)