Just to get this thread back on the first page of my subscriptions, I'm gonna post some pics.
Not doing much right now on any of my projects.
Wrote off my truck last week and I'm on light duty only.
All the more time for MTF!!!
Here is the engine that was in the machine when I bought it.
Insufficient in the first place, and seized up good when I got it.
I had no intention of even trying to fix it, so I sold it for something like $15.
The guy that came to buy it ended up taking a fancy to one of my tractors, and he bought that too.
Once again, I was too hasty to get this thing fixed and didn't take ANY before pictures
I assure you the bucket looked horrible.
The bottom had rusted out and the "repair" was to just weld a new "plate" (or piece of tin) over top and not even cut out the old bottom.
Dirt tended to pack up between the two pieces.
This was unacceptable to me, so the second repair (after the engine swap) was to rebuild the bucket better.
And again, sorry for no in process fabrication pictures.
When I get on a roll I don't stop for nothing.
I used 3 pieces of 3/16" plate to fix the bottom.
I didn't have one piece that was big enough.
The seams are over the pieces of flat bar on the bottom, fully welded and ground flat.
I also added some angle to reinforce the bottom edges and fully welded the cutting edge.
Also I cut off one of the flanges for the pins that was badly worn and made a new one that I welded on.
Turned out to be a 2 day job and took up a full weekend.
I ended up just spray bombing it black, haven't been able to find a paint that matches the yellow.
Anybody know what color this thing