I almost forgot about the hood.
The orig. one melted in the fire.
I got replacement from antiqueetc
Quite a few gouges and deep scratches so I used some spot putty to fill them.
Sanded it down and prepped it for paint.
I got it repainted and started with the wet sanding.
Again I used a guide coat and progressively finer grit sandpaper.
4 coats of paint then wet sand with 600grit. Used a guide coat to help see how far I needed to sand.
Black area's are the low spots that I need to sand down to.
After the sanding with the 600 grit I shot it with another guide coat and re-sanded with 2000 grit. Big step in grade of but the end result turned out nice.
Shane came out and helped with the final wet sand.
And me with my arm about to fall off.
No pic's of the buffing but I did the same as in prior posts.
1st used the wool pad at about 1500rpm the the blue foam pad at about 2000rpm.
Next I started on the decals.
First I used a degeaser on the areas the decals go the slowly applied the decals.
Worked on he seat springs next.
I didn't bolt them directly to the deck. I used a rubber washer along with an oversized metal washer.
the rubber washer sat on the deck then the metal washer followed by the seat springs.
I moved back to the hood. I mounted it using the stainless bolts.
After I got the lights working I put the tire back on and applied a coat of wax to the hood.
Buffed it out and stood back in shock...Toasty looked like a tractor again.
Here's a once around.
Picked up a battery from Wal-mart and mounted in Toasty.
As stated this is my winter machine.
Here's the blower mounted and new seat.