Three Filters on an N - Page 2 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 Old 01-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Retired - Veteran Mod
 
Steve (Magnolia, TX)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Magnolia, TX
Posts: 6,791
Barn
Send a message via MSN to Steve (Magnolia, TX)
Re: Three Filters on an N

Quote:
Originally Posted by met828 View Post
the carb filter thats just were the line comes in at the carb right
Correct. That's the brass elbow where the steel fuel line enters the cast iron carburetor.
Steve (Magnolia, TX) is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 25 Old 01-07-2010, 09:54 PM
MTF Junior Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TN
Posts: 6
Re: Three Filters on an N

Quote:
Originally Posted by met828 View Post
the carb filter thats just were the line comes in at the carb right
Hey Met828

That would be Right.
It is right at your Carb. Sometimes I have seen the screen come loose from the elbow. That is the Last Chance Filter.
Getter-Done is offline  
post #18 of 25 Old 01-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Senior MTF Member
 
met828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 585
Barn
Re: Three Filters on an N

ill have to check em all i had my 47 running good now she wants to run with a lil choke just happened out of the blue cleaned carb and still the same so im thinking shes starving for fuel due to clog somewhere it sat for 2yrs before i got her ill have to post pic its got grove fenders on her but there homemade goofiest looking 8n ive seen
met828 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19 of 25 Old 01-08-2010, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Retired MTF Admin
 
Ken N Tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas Denton/Krum
Posts: 26,521
Barn
Re: Three Filters on an N

Quote:
Originally Posted by met828 View Post
ill have to check em all i had my 47 running good now she wants to run with a lil choke just happened out of the blue cleaned carb and still the same so im thinking shes starving for fuel due to clog somewhere it sat for 2yrs before i got her ill have to post pic its got grove fenders on her but there homemade goofiest looking 8n ive seen
...start a new Thread and show us what you got..

Ken N Tx is offline  
post #20 of 25 Old 04-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Senior MTF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 162
Re: Three Filters on an N

Ok, so some of us aren't so bright...

looking at the filter in the tank on top the sediment bowl, like you all said, it's open at the top and its only there to catch stuff drifting about at the bottom of the tank and keep it form sliding down into the sediment bulb.

OK. so where does the fuel get into the sediment bowl in the first place? via the brass tube that sticks up or through the filter and down around the brass tube? Or is the former 'normal operation' and the latter 'reserve'?

help us newbies figger it out.

thanks!

Northeast Ohio
Cub 782
TO-30 with a Pippin backhoe and a Wagner Loader
NAA with Davis loader
whf4 is offline  
post #21 of 25 Old 04-04-2010, 11:24 PM
MTF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 40
Re: Three Filters on an N

Quote:
Originally Posted by whf4 View Post
Ok, so some of us aren't so bright...

looking at the filter in the tank on top the sediment bowl, like you all said, it's open at the top and its only there to catch stuff drifting about at the bottom of the tank and keep it form sliding down into the sediment bulb.

OK. so where does the fuel get into the sediment bowl in the first place? via the brass tube that sticks up or through the filter and down around the brass tube? Or is the former 'normal operation' and the latter 'reserve'?

help us newbies figger it out.

thanks!
The main fuel, two turns open on valve, goes thru the long tupe into the bowl and the reserve goes into the bowl at the bottom of the long tube down inside the screen in tank.
Bob G is offline  
post #22 of 25 Old 04-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Senior MTF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 162
Re: Three Filters on an N

Thanks!

So the screen in the tank really just functions for the reserve?

Northeast Ohio
Cub 782
TO-30 with a Pippin backhoe and a Wagner Loader
NAA with Davis loader
whf4 is offline  
post #23 of 25 Old 04-04-2010, 11:51 PM
MTF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 40
Re: Three Filters on an N

Quote:
Originally Posted by whf4 View Post
Thanks!

So the screen in the tank really just functions for the reserve?
That is how I see it. I had the long tube plug on my 8N last year, I was bush hogging and got the gas stired up a bit i guess.
Bob G is offline  
post #24 of 25 Old 04-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Old Iron 1%er
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 873
Re: Three Filters on an N

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa View Post
isn't there a filter
attached to the
oil plug used to drain
the engine oil?
iowa
it looks like a steel mesh 'pop can' with the oil drain cap as the base of the 'pop can' with no top. Many have been lost over the years; its purpose is to prevent larger particles from getting up into and damaging the oil pump (then I think the oil goes to the filter, and onto the engine).
AMCJavelin74 is offline  
post #25 of 25 Old 04-11-2011, 09:52 AM
MTF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 40
Re: Three Filters on an N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevelleSSLS6 View Post
it looks like a steel mesh 'pop can' with the oil drain cap as the base of the 'pop can' with no top. Many have been lost over the years; its purpose is to prevent larger particles from getting up into and damaging the oil pump (then I think the oil goes to the filter, and onto the engine).
From the pump the oil goes to the oil galley and pressure relief valve. part of the oil from the brass fitting at the back of the engine goes to the filter and then to the gov housing. there is a good oil flow dia in fo-4.Only part of the oil is filtered. oil flows directly from the pump to the main and rod bearings with no filtering.
Bob G is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oil Filter Brands Mkos1980 Lubrication and Filters 25 04-12-2007 08:23 AM
Fluids and filters for an H14 CJT Bolens Forum 1 01-21-2007 06:53 PM
oil filters: where do you get them? simple_john Backyard Round Table - L & G Tractor Related Topics 16 10-31-2006 10:05 PM
Filters neolady Bolens Forum 7 04-20-2006 03:52 PM
Cub Cadet or other Brands of Filters Mr Hoss Cub Cadet Forum 3 05-15-2005 03:10 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome