It took a little while to get everything sorted and together, but I pretty much finished up assembling and testing out the Brinley box blade this afternoon. I just want to make a small bracket extension to install the winch control underneath the right side arm rest. Overall I'm really happy with how the sleeve hitch and winch mounted up together. The first picture is how it will spend most of its days with that cheap $10 Traveller winch cover from Tractor Supply installed with the winch control unhooked. As you can see in the second picture it sticks out and could be easily damaged if left plugged in. Not a big issue, takes 5 seconds to screw it in. The only semi custom work to this whole set up was drilling new holes for the winch mounting plate. 4 holes drilled, easy peasy, lifts my 185 pound self and the box blade with cinder block with no problems.
So far I tried one of my smaller projects with it, no breakages..... But my skill at box blading needs much work
I'm not posting pictures of that murder job I just committed, lol. There is definitely some finesse involved when it comes to feathering out the piles, the winch is nice for controlling height, just need some practice to figure out a little more. I think a yard roller is in my future though, hopefully it will buff out a little bit of the lack of skill. Oh yeah almost forgot, I went ahead and got the SunF tires, they are sweet, no spinning what so ever so far and didn't use the diff lock once. Here's the pics.
Box blade just assembled ready for first hook up, winch control is wrapped around right arm rest dangling around currently. And some fresh deer droppings mashed into the tire for patina.
Here's the winch assembly uncovered with winch control hooked up.
Sorry for the 90 degree pictures, Iphones and internet forums, someday I'll learn.
If anyone is interested here's links to all the gadgets used in this project.
Brinley Box Blade
That's all for today, enjoy!!