Re: Easy question about the hydro d-shaft on Sunstar
Tdipaul, I had that U-joint problem. On mine, the engine mounts became loose and the rubber wore out. I had noticed that there was more vibration coming from the shaft, but by the time I did anything about it, the splines on the driveshaft wore too much. Ended up having to replace the driveshaft. For some reason, even after putting new rubber on the engine mounts and replacing the shaft (with a used one), the U-joint still did not go onto the pump shaft far enough. I don't know why and speculated that maybe it never did go on as far as it should. Anyway, I moved the motor mount plate back enough to get the U-joint to slide on almost to the groove in the pump shaft. (Had to drill a couple new holes in the frame.) It made a tight fit between the engine and the cooler housing, but has worked OK since.
The fluid level is checked at the clear tube. One inch of fluid showing in the tube with engine off and parked level.