After months of working with VS to correct the problem with your supporter payments being setup as an auto renewing subscription thru PayPal we finally have it fixed.
Anyone that signs up as a supporter after today will no longer auto renew. BUT CURRENT SUPPORTERS MUST TAKE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click the My Account tab.
3. Click the History subtab.
4. Click More filters, select Subscriptions and agreements, and then click Subscriptions.
5. Change the date back to the year the subscription was created, and then
6. click Show.
7. Click Details next to the subscription.
8. Click Cancel Subscription.
Thanks to littletractorguy for putting the steps together for us in this thread
Many of you have complained about paying manually and then having PP pull a payment again, so follow the above steps and it will all fall on your shoulders to renew.
If you want to keep your supporter status on auto renew, you do not have to do anything.
Keep in mind that if you choose to no longer auto renew it will be up to you to make sure you pay in time to not lose your supporter status once your current
paid term is over. It will not cancel any existing paid term, so if you paid up for 10 years you will remain a supporter until that term is passed. you may go to https://www.mytractorforum.com/payments.php
and check to see how long your current paid status will be in effect.
EDIT TO ADD: Please thank your admins, they have been the ones to stay on this and find a solution!