Re: Billy goat leaf blower
Today, I replaced the carburetor and the coil which were both in very poor shape. In fact, the coil bolts had to be torched as the heads was completely gone they looked like rivets. I drilled and used easy outs to to get them out after heating them up. I had to also re-tap the treads on the engine. It worked and I was able to install the new coil and tighten them securely with new bolts. The Carburetor was worse shape, there was no use in trying to repair it. The inside of the cast was so pitted and there was a small cracks throughout and a larger crack where the previous owner used a radiator clamp to hold it together while duct taping the air filter in place. So I just replaced it.
I got the unit to work on the 2nd pull. Then I adjusted the carburetor to smooth out the surging. Runs well now. Not a bad find, the costs were the replacement parts and the time to do the repairs. It is amazing what people throw out in the garbage.
Last edited by mazzbob; 11-01-2018 at 09:52 PM.