MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Single Post - 30" Brush mower is awesome.
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 08-11-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Lnk
MTF Member

30" Brush mower is awesome.

Just cleared about 200 yards of overgrown fence line. All I can say is wow. The C8 with the MA106 brush mower destroyed everything. I have resisted running the flail or tractors brush hog due to it being too overgrown to even see what was in there. Along my back field there is a 4 strand barbed wire fence along the woods and the edge is so thick. So I started nibbling in with the gravely. Rose bushes, blackberry brambles, small trees, poison ivy. All gone. I can now get to the fence and make repairs and upgrades. I still have a ways to go to clean it all up. Today was a test run of it's capabilities, and I am impressed. I wish I knew about these machines years ago.

I also like the fact that I get more exercise walking instead of riding. Or should I say, exercise, not more exercise. Even though the governor is in need of rebuilding, I was able to just control the throttle directly, (governor removed). I will either get a new governor or have that one rebuilt. I can not get the pulley off without destroying it.

Anyway, I am sold. I will always have a gravely now.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome