MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Single Post - '48 L runs on carb cleaner...
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 08-06-2019, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Lnk
MTF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd View Post
That sounds very encouraging!

If she sat for a while, esp exposed to the elements, the carb is likely to need rebuilding.

Looking forward to more good news.
Good news, she runs, and runs good. I cleaned the tank, sediment bowl, line and carb, added sea foam to the fuel and filed the carb. Went out today and she would not start even with good spark and compression. So off comes the carb and no flow out the fuel line. Plugged sediment bowl inlet. Once cleared, good flow out line. Re-installed carb, closed choke and started on the second pull. Only ran for a minute before I shut her down. Did have flow at oil fill, but less than the '68 L8, low vs high I know.

Now I need throttle cable, choke cable, fan belt and maybe governor. Oh, and a proper pull strap instead of clothesline. 😂

I need a new belt for the L8, would that be the same belt? Anyway, pretty excited. Why do I like these more than my 5240? Maybe cause they are older, like me....

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome