MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Single Post - What did you do to/with your Gravely today... restart 2.0
View Single Post
post #1681 of Old 07-20-2019, 07:40 AM
plumberroy
Senior MTF Member

Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumberroy View Post
I did something I haven't done in 11 years. I mowed my yard with a gravely . 11 years ago this week my job went away do to a factory closing. 3 weeks before that my Gravely LI died, Engine problems. with no job it wasn't practical to fix it . about 6 weeks ago I was given a Gravely professional 12 with snow blade . Tonight after work I picked up a 40 in Kidney deck . So I am back mowing with a gravely

If I had a deck like that on my ‘91 professional 8, I wouldn’t have had to buy my Gravely ProTurn 152. I just couldn’t keep up with mowing the pastures and the woods, about 5+ acres total.
If I had to mow 5+ acres I would have bought the 50 inch deck that the gentleman had. The professional 12 has enough power to run the 50 inch deck I live on about 1/2 acre with about 40 x 60 garden with my yard size and layout the 40 mower made more sense . Plus I like that deck discharge is to the left back side of the deck so you can mow tight against stuff on either side of the deck

Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier
From Concord and Valley Forge to the sands of Iraq
and mountians of afghanistan American soldiers have
paid the ultimate price For our Freedom.I am ever mindful
and for ever greatful for their sacrifice
My heros have always been American Soldiers

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome