MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Single Post - Tires and a box blade question?
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 07-14-2019, 01:19 PM
Sergeant
Tech Exchange Moderator

Re: Tires and a box blade question?

Well I had a Agr-Fab Box scrape 1 season went to a brinly box scrape the same year and it still going strong 17 years Later. It Kind of Funny But I never used the Box Scrape for Grading My former Gravel driveway or Spreading Large Loads of Dirt I always Used a Front Blade for Most of that work I actually think You Might have better Luck with a front Dozer Blade https://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/c...atalogId=14101 at least for your Dirt spreading. Once I got a tractor with a Loader I really haven't used the Front Blade for More Than snow. But I always found Before having a Loader the Front Blade was the Best Implement for Spreading Material over a Box scrape. I did occasionally use a rear sleeve Hitch Blade for Grading the Gravel driveway. But a Majority of My Gravel driveway Pot Hole filling duties were done By the front Blade because with the feet You Can adjust the Height of the front Blade. The Manual sleeve Hitch is not the Greatest for Running a Box scrape doesn't allow for Good Height adjustment of attachments. If You go with the Box scrape I suggest Investing In this Lift Kit Electric sleeve hitch upgrade upgrade as it will allow You to Make minor Height adjustments. If You do decide to Go with a front Blade Go with the One I Linked Cub does Offer a cheaper One But the cheaper one will not stand up to the riggers of Grading and Moving gravel of Dirt and really doesn't Handle snow well if You In a snow moving state

John Deere Models: 2025R TLB,X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3 GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
Ingersoll Model:3016PS
Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome