My Tractor Forum banner

My latest Project - Part Two

641K views 17K replies 74 participants last post by  Donewrken 
#1 ·
Due to last page loading issues with Part 1, this is Part 2 of Donewrken's homemade tractor build . . . and all around garage kibitzing thread. :D

Link to Part 1.

Click for The Hydraulics Forum!

Sometimes you get on a roll, sometimes the roll gets on you.

In Service
MF GC2310, Husqvarna YTH20B42T

Down for Repairs
MF1655 w/ FEL, MF1655, MF12H, MF8H, MF7H
Spending too much time on MTF to work on my toys. :crybaby:
Part 2 of Donewrken's homemade tractor build . . . and all around garage kibitzing thread. :D
:biglaugh:

Thanks MOD's for taking care of business and thanks TUDOR for the addendum to the title.
We all hope this will all come together completing the build and may we all gain some knowledge and appreciation for the friendships that have developed in the process.
Thanks also to MTF for the great opportunity they've given us to share our thoughts and ideas.

I'm trusting you all that it (part one) didn't go away!:ROF

Now presenting :cool: My Latest Project - Part Two
:woohoo1:

Thanks

Donewrken

:fing32:

#7,541 ·
OK, I couldn't tell...was that Patsy Kline or Merle Haggard? :LOL:

That is one heck of a sewing machine. Must be about 5 HP!

Mikey, you can close the door now! We have been having single digit temps and about 9 inches of snow. One night, we saw -13°. Right now it is 7°, but we are having a heat wave today. It is supposed to hit 36°! This will be the first time we have been above freezing in over a week. I was over at my neighbors house yesterday helping hime fix his busted pipes.
I sure hate to see the electric bill since I have a heat pump and I've been running the heat strips all this time. I do have a wall mounted propane heater that I have been using to supplement the heat strips.
I gotta hand it to the USPS for mail delivery. They came through!
Snow Branch Street light Automotive tire Sky

#7,542 ·
OK, I couldn't tell...was that Patsy Kline or Merle Haggard? :LOL:

That is one heck of a sewing machine. Must be about 5 HP!
Loretta!
It sure is. 15 HP I think, with twin turbos. :p
It's the one I always wanted soooooo. . . . . why not.
Actually, It's even better than the one I always wanted due to it has a brush less servo motor and needle positioning that allows you half stitches. You can start/stop with the needle either up or down. Guy's use these motors on lathes for the control.
Single digits!!! Oh boy, I know about the heat strips. I use to only dread it when the second strip kicked in. It was a good pump for the time, newer pumps are even better now. Nice that you have the propane heat source. Your UPS driver seems to love his job. I had one driver for about three years who loved his job, he's the only one who backed his truck down my driveway. Never had a problem getting back up to the street. I did have a FedEx driver blow a transmission getting out. I had to pull him back up on the street, he drove off but the van wouldn't move the next day.
Stay warm and safe Joe.

Don

#7,545 ·
Sorry for you loss; RIP

I like the electronic ones. They don't last as long, but they do seem to have improved lately. The one I have now is a 200A cheapo, been using it for 6 or 8 years.
DC output, I think they weld better than old wire wound.
Mainly, you can carry a 200A ark welder in one hand. And it takes up little space. and you can adjust the power with a small knob.
Here in Euroland there is the added benefit that I can plug it into standard 220v domestic outlets.

#7,546 ·
I think you probably got your money's worth out of it!
My last welder is a Primeweld. I bought the AC-DC TIG, Stick welder and think it's a good one. I burned 30 plus pounds of 1/8" & 5/32nd rod both AC & DC when I built the tilt bucket. They have a 110/220 stick welder that's worth looking at. LINK
All their machines are three year warranty. Buy it thru Amazon, if you don't like it free returns for 30 days.
LINK

Don

#7,551 ·
I'm with Mark.

While I do like the old rectifier welders, the new inverter welders do weld a lot nicer with the added benefits of being compact and light.

In the shop, the rectifier welder is my main choice but anything outside the shop, I'll just take my cheap 200A inverter welder.

#7,554 ·
It's going to be a while they declined my order. My name is spelled wrong on the card sometimes it goes through and then again it don't.
The DMV decided to change my name some years back on my drivers license, just too much trouble to get it change back. You know the government never makes mistakes.
I'll get another credit card from another company with it spelled right. I only keep a card around a year or so with out changing the card number.
I tried Primeweld I new I couldn't deal with Amazon.

#7,557 · (Edited)
I thought the "P" stood for something else.

Let me re phrase that, had to look it up "**********" well they think it's a bad word but it's not.
so, pick - a knee - knee - y
Oh, so now I guess it's a bad word.
I was out dated apparrently.
Still going by wiki's first
link
No offense meant, feel free to delete this post.

What! No Captain Beefheart reference tonight!
LOL!!

Don