MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Single Post - Decode Thompson/Warner Linear Actuators
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 06-20-2019, 12:58 AM
mikeinri
5000 Strong & Climbing

Re: Decode Thompson/Warner Linear Actuators

Gotcha, thanks.

I asked because I'm having a problem with mine, sometimes they just click instead of move. I've also burned through a few toggle switches. I've replaced the battery and upsized the fuses, no improvement.

I don't think it's the actuator, because I've had the problem with both actuators, and have disconnected and crossed the wiring (to try running each actuator from the other switch). I haven't done any real tracking of whether it's one circuit vs the other causing the clicking, because it clicked on the circuit that still worked after I friend the other switch.

I bought this used and already installed on the tractor. The wiring is really a hack job (on the whole tractor). I plan to rewire the whole thing with better wiring, switches (or a joystick) and relays.

The thing that makes me crazy is that so many people here have run theirs for years with the stock wiring (no relays, basic wiring and switches from Johnny Products) without problems.

Mike

TRACTORS:
2005 Craftsman GS6500 (2010 Kohler Courage): JB Jr, electric sleeve hitch
2003 Husqvarna GTH2548 (2014 Briggs Intek): Craftsman 46-inch snowblower

OTHER (NOTABLE) EQUIPMENT:
2013 Honda HS1332TAS tracked snowblower
American CLS 40TC24-200 Logsplitter (2019 Predator 301)
1997 Troy Bilt Horse PTO: tiller, chipper/shredder
Stihl Kombi KM130R: string trimmer, mini cultivator, bed edger, pole saw
Echo PB751T backpack blower
Husqvarna 350 chainsaw

RETIRED TRACTORS:
2003 Craftsman GT5000 (all used up)
2003 Craftsman DLT3000 (all burned up)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome