MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Single Post - For the restoration purists...
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 05-28-2019, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
jeepagain
MTF Member

Re: For the restoration purists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamato72 View Post
I still have the original hood from my 816 and the white in the decals is pretty much a pure white. The Canvas White I used to repaint the hood is nearly a dead ringer for Alaska White. The color codes are still posted in places if you want to have a shop mix up a quart for you. Industrial Touchup can also do Alaska White in a rattle can.
Im not convinced that the 800-series wheels were Alaska White. Tough to find an original wheel in anywhere near a good enough condition to make a determination. Id wager the factory bought the wheels from their supplier already painted.
Interestingly I just popped the rear tires off the rims of my '74 816S and the inside of the rims were pristine, much to my surprise (wish I'd have thought to take a picture). The color was a perfect match to Alaska White. I have a rattle can of Alaska White from Industrial Touch Ups and I sprayed a bit on the rim to confirm.

Of course -rims are now at the powder coating shop getting converted to white. Felt a little sad about powder coating over the original paint.

-Neil (jeepagain)

'74 816S
'76 816S
'77 812
'43 Willys MB
'51 Willys M38
'55 Willys M170 (Restoration underway...)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome