MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Single Post - Looking for a new mower
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 04-12-2019, 02:34 PM
Jimbochap
5000 Strong & Climbing

Re: Looking for a new mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long02 View Post
I guess maybe Iím confused? I am referring to the transmission. Is the 265 a foot operated trans or hand operated trans. I have a lot of stop, turn around, and go on my lawn.
Look at page 2-33 in this link.
https://www.slideshare.net/jsemfnksj...-repair-manual

John Deere 265 is hydro, a John Deere 260 is geared.

on a Jd265, you set the throttle to full throttle on the dash, then you have a lever next to the deck lift for going forward and reverse..........there is also a indent place for neutral when starting the tractor........It's fun and a breeze to drive. Turns tight corners too.

That foot pedal you see is only for setting the brake and emergency stops......use the lever to put it back into neutral will stop the tractor.

I agree with a hand hydro on the dash sucks but this hydro lever is in the perfect spot right along side the seat on the fender. Right where your arms rests anyway. You only really need one hand to steer this tractor the steering is so good.

If the above mower is close to where you live and still available it's worth a go look see.

John Deere X495
54" Mower Deck
Front Hitch w/ 54" Snowblade
Buford Bucket
Click N'Go Bracket
Rear Weight Bar
6 Suit Case Weights
P0wer Flow w/ 2 Bag Bagger System
Cast Iron Rear Wheel Weights

JD 345 SOLD
JD GX325 SOLD
JD265 SOLD
JD 160SOLD

Last edited by Jimbochap; 04-12-2019 at 02:43 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome