Re: New to me material lift
I got brakes !
I couldn't afford the factory brake setup, so I had to find another solution. After many different ideas I settled on toggle clamps and after trying it, out I am very happy with the result.
This photo shows the brakes disengaged
This photo shows the brakes engaged
This photo shows a close up of one of the brakes engaged.
It's nice because I can set or release the clamps with my foot. They hold surprisingly well and the total cost for clamps and hardware was about $15.
Fortunately, the lift already had two holes on each side of the base next to the wheels for some other purpose but worked fine to mount brackets for the clamps.