MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Single Post - Requesting Tips on Carb for Echo Hedge Trimmer
View Single Post
post #12 of Old 03-31-2019, 05:33 AM
lawnboyben
Senior MTF Member

Re: Requesting Tips on Carb for Echo Hedge Trimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotajax View Post
I got it running, GREAT. The 2-turns-open rough adjustment just wouldn't work on this carb. I spent a good 20 minutes moving the screw about 1/8 of a turn at a time, in both directions, and give it a few pulls. Found the magic formula. Was a huge PITA. New spark plug really helped it start faster. But for less than 20 bucks, I saved my old hedge clipper and have it running in tip top shape. I got the carb from some place on ebay called THE ROP SHOP. Fast service, good product with conventional screws on the jets. I recommend this company highly, second purchase from them.

BTW, I've been buy VP Fuels 2-stroke oil and mixing it myself. Stuff burns really good and doesn't smell nearly as bad as the mother-in-law's farts. And very cheap at Wally World. I think it was 7 bucks to mix 12 gallons of 50:1.
Glad you got it running. Isn't is such a good feeling to fix something on your own?

Thanks for the tip on the eBay seller too. I've dealt with some that are less than reputable to say the least, and it's nice to know someone woh isn't a pain to deal with.

I wish I could make mixed gas that cheap. Granted, I mix everything except my lawn-boys at 40:1 (regardless of what the manufacturer calls for) but $7 for 12 gallons and with a reputable oil company that's a heck of a deal. I hope you used non-ethanol gas or put sta-bil in so it don't go bad.

Lawn-Boys
1980 6259
1991 C21ZPN
1994 10520
1995 10545
1999 22261
Blowers
Echo PB-400E
Husqvarna 125B
Trimmers
Husqvarna 128LD
Echo SRM-2400