MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Single Post - So I Had This Unused Holster...
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 03-27-2019, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
qbgLOVs7q
Senior MTF Member

So I Had This Unused Holster...

Well, seeing as my "big projects" are quite a few notches below what many of you have going on (restorations, rebuilds, etc.), I don't have an amazing story to tell. Still, I thought others might enjoy this one.

Three (or so) years ago I was searching for holsters for my handguns (Keltec and Beretta, at that time). I thought I knew what I wanted, but I actually ended up purchasing several, all of which were either OWB or IWB (outside the waistband or inside the waistband). It turns out that I ended up using a shoulder holster for one and a pocket holster for the other.

This left me with about four unused holsters (and accompanying parts).

Last year I got to thinking about how I could put to use those holsters. What brought this to mind was that I had been riding around on my AC while toting a pellet gun (rifle, actually). And while I use the pellet gun quite a bit, it got me to thinking about those old, unused holsters.

Before the end of the season, I did a quick look-see at the holsters...then I looked at the tractor. And DING...the 'ol light bulb went off.

So I'm outside doing some work today, and thought "Hey! Now would probably be the time to see about getting that holster mounted on the tractor!"

Boy was I right.

So, for better or worse, here are the photos.

Enjoy...or not.

P.S. No doubt some are wondering why on God's green earth I would even do such a thing. Well, a couple of summers ago I was out on the front yard one evening, doing some plane- and moon-watching with my high-powered binoculars. It was in the evening, and my eyes were glued to the binoculars, so much so that I didn't even notice the black bear that had approached, and was now about 15 feet away from me. S/He had approached and I heard nothing. Even the dogs didn't alert.

Now I've seen bears in my yard probably...oh...half-a-dozen times over the years. But this...THIS..was waaay too up close and personal.

Honestly, I couldn't even tell you what happened immediately after I saw the bear. All I know is I grabbed my handgun and shot into the ground...to (hopefully) scare off the bear. It worked...eventually. But I came to understand that bears can be very sneaky. So, I try to be prepared.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01Old AlienGear Holster Pad (This is an Extra, Extra One, and Not The One Used for This Project).jpg
Views:	14
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	2368533   Click image for larger version

Name:	12All Four Mounts Engaged and Weapon Tight in Holster; Love It.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	2368535   Click image for larger version

Name:	11Second Mounting Securied; Looking Good.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	2368537   Click image for larger version

Name:	10Second Mounting Securied; Looking Good.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	2368539  

Name:	09Holster Pad and Holster Mounted at Only One Point (Just to Check).jpg
Views:	12
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	2368541   Click image for larger version

Name:	05Close-up Of Mount Pad Between Holster and Holster Pad.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	2368543   Click image for larger version

Name:	08Close-Up of Mount Point and First Drilled Hole.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	2368545   Click image for larger version

Name:	04Old Holster to Be Mounted Here (for a Keltec PF-9).jpg
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	2368547  

Name:	07Mount Point with First Hole Drilled.jpg
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	2368549   Click image for larger version

Name:	03On-Edge View of Holster Pad; Used Hot Glue to Seal Frayed Ends.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	2368551   Click image for larger version

Name:	02Old AlienGear Holster Trimmed to a Bit Larger Than Holster.jpg
Size:	419.7 KB
ID:	2368553   Click image for larger version

Name:	06Close-up Of Mount Pad Between Holster and Holster Pad with Original Mounting Nut Behind.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	2368555  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome