Re: Found a 40 Loader - what's next? Shim, Relief Valve, Front Tires?
Great info - thank you!
I picked it up last night, and had a chance to witness the seller uninstalling the framework, which leads to a couple of more questions:
1) When installing the loader frame on the tractor, the rear part of it is bolted into the frame and transaxle. Are longer bolts required?
2) Is there a preferred method of installing the rear part of the frame to the tractor?
- Remove tires?
- Jack stands on both sides?
- I ask because while he was un-installing, the axle shifted slightly from the frame
3) Is there a trick installing the FRONT bolt/nut of the frame? We had a heck of a time getting to and holding the nut from the inside of the frame so it wouldn't spin, and he could remove the bolt.
(if most of this would be covered in the manual, I wouldn't mind getting one - it's just that I'm only finding an operating manual and before I spend $25+, I'd like to make sure that was included)
JD 445 ~2001 w/ 60" deck. JD 3pt Hitch (SOLD)
JD 455 ~1998 w/ Rear PTO and 60" deck, and 47 blower. Ruegg Cat1 3pt Hitch. 40 Loader w/ loaded Duros
JD 455 - 1993 (1st year) w/ 60" deck.
Last edited by MISparty; 08-12-2019 at 10:15 AM.