Picked up a V-belt today and got the starter/generator all mounted up.
I should have gotten the electrical cable for it while I was in getting the V-belt but I forgot all about it.
So now I'll have to make another trip in for that.
I used the battery charger and jumped to the starter terminal and it turns the engine over fine.
I was going to replace the cork float with a brass one in the original carburetor, but I don't have my soldering equipment here.
As this is not going to be an original tractor anyway, I decided to use a newer carburetor on it.
This is a new carburetor for an 8HP Briggs and the throttle lever is real short and works up and down.
I need a longer lever that works forward and backward so I'm going to make one using the piece of metal that is to the left of the carb.
I cut a slit in the metal up to the hole in the bottom of the lever.
I bent part of the metal back so the lever would fit over the throttle shaft on the carburetor.
Then I bent that metal back so the metal on the lever is closed all the way around the throttle shaft.
Once this was done, I then drilled out the old hole for the throttle cable and put in a pop rivet.
This makes the new lever fit tight on the throttle shaft.
The throttle lever and choke are mounted on the sides of the tool box.
The mounting bracket for the starter/generator had to be removed so I could add a bracket for the choke cable.
There wasn't enough room between the engine and the tire to get my drill in there.
Here is the carburetor mounted on the engine showing the cable mount for the choke.
The throttle cable runs behind the carburetor and is held by a cable clip that is on the valve cover bolt.