MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Single Post - Is a 2 wheel tractor right for me?
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 10-24-2017, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Tyork_tex
MTF Junior Poster

Is a 2 wheel tractor right for me?

Howdy! My wife and I have a garden every year, and every year it gets away from us. This last season was worse because I took a new job that keeps me away alot. I usually cultivate as long as I can with my ford 3000 tractor but it doesn't take long before the crops are to tall and the grass and weeds begin to get out of hand. I looked onto getting some sort of high crop tractor, but even then you will reach a point where cultivating is no longer feasible.

This lead me to the discovery of two wheel tractors (which I previously thought were just tillers). Before i make a serious purchase I have a few questions because the closest thing I have used has been a few snapper and troy bilt tillers.

1. Can you use a sulky with a tiller or cultivator attachment?
(I think my wife would have trouble wrestling one of these things around and we plant a big garden.)

2. What is the biggest mower decks offered for 2 wheel tractors? (to supplement our aging cub cadet zero turn)

Thanks for the advice!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome