Toro 8-32 and 11-32 RER - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 07-21-2009, 01:50 PM   post #1 of 1
slipshod
2000 Posts and climbing!!!

MTF Member # 17
Default Toro 8-32 and 11-32 RER

My son Jon garbage picked an 11-32 RER 2 years ago and with a little work got it running and mowing great. The only thing wrong is no reverse, but you get used to that. I never thought a single blade that long would mow as well as this thing does.

Last week he was coming home from work and goes by a guy rolling an 8-32 to the street! Jon stops and asks about it and the guy is putting it out to the junk. The motor ran but the tranny was locked up and the guy had to pound on it to get it to shift into neutral to push it. Jon called me to come pick it up with my truck.

Got it over to the flat farm and messed with it. Jump started it and sure enough the tranny was locked up.Earlier this spring I garbage picked a 12 hp lawn tractor and we stripped parts off it and 4 very nice wheels and tires. The 6 speed tranny was exactly the same as on the Toro!

The kid had it going in less then an hour and it mows as well as the other one. You guys would love this kid as of now he has the 2 Toros, 3 lawn tractors, 11 push mowers of all kinds and he has them all running and mowing. He keeps his blades sharp and he will tinker for hours to get something running right.

Because inside storage is a bit of a pain he has devised a system where he cuts down 55 gallon plastic drums to cover his mowers. Anchors them with bungee cords so the wind does not take them off.

Word has gotten out and he now repairs mowers for folks. Most times he gives them the option of trading for one of his for theirs and some cash. Then he repairs the one they brought. Most times it is something very simple.

He will pick-up any mower he finds either for parts or to fix. He stores all his parts in covered bins and most likely he has one !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.