Peerless H2000 SilentTrac Transaxle - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 06-01-2009, 10:07 AM   post #1 of 7
tellicorick
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 25195
Default Peerless H2000 SilentTrac Transaxle

Seems my transaxle has gone Tango-Uniform (military for broken). The mower is a Husqvarna YTH 2148 (2000 vintage) and here's the transaxle information:

From sticker tag on top:
Peerless H2000-006A SilentTrac
H2000-006A42220780

Embossed on transaxle on the bottom:

6727-P1

Here's the problem, can't find this on any of the websites, seems the numbers off mine don't cross over to what I'm finding. Can anyone translate this for me? Right now, I'm guessing it's a 6 speed and maybe a 700 series, but not sure. Someone let me know so I can't get replacement on the way and so I can cut the grass and keep the peace.

Thanks,
Richard
tellicorick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2009, 01:44 PM   post #2 of 7
tellicorick
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 25195
Default Re: Peerless H2000 SilentTrac Transaxle

Since no one has replied; I'll reply. Seems Peerless has either gone out of business or sold off to Husqvarna and dealers are not having any luck getting Peerless transaxles. So word or warning here - DO NOT BUY ANYTHING WITH A PEERLESS TRANSAXLE! If you have problems with it; you're going to be on your own with no factory support.

Not only did my transaxle destroy itself, just one month ago the POS Briggs engine broke the left side rod and sent it through the side of the block (and yes I did regular maintenance on it). Husqvarna seems to be just another fancy name for the same light duty crap. I'll never buy another one.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:55 PM   post #3 of 7
Jim_WV

MTF Member # 241
Garage

Richard, sorry to hear of the issues with your machine. You might check with Small Engine Distributors if you have'nt already for a tranny.
http://www.smallenginedistributors.n....html#Peerless

I hope you get this resolved and best of luck.
Jim_WV is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2009, 02:04 PM   post #4 of 7
tellicorick
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 25195

I called them and lady on the phone wouldn't deal with me because I'm an individual and not a dealer - so once again I'm at the mercy of unscrupulous dealers and manufacturers who prey on the public.

Thanks anyway.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:25 PM   post #5 of 7
tellicorick
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 25195

According to the website you sent me, my transaxle may be the MST206-512C they have listed that they say is a 6 speed Peerless. Shockingly, the price is $101.95 and the lowest price I could find so far is $538.00 and with an availability of zero.

500% markup between distributor and dealer????? This is why I said unscrupulous dealers in my above reply.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:31 PM   post #6 of 7
Jim_WV

MTF Member # 241
Garage

Any chance you can get a local dealer to call about it and get it for that price, plus you could inquire if this would work in yours at the same time ?, that's just wrong that they won't deal with you on it, I've heard good things about Small Engine Dist.'s, but thats a heck of way to do buisness.
Jim_WV is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2009, 02:35 PM   post #7 of 7
tellicorick
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 25195

Yeah, I think this is a rotten business model as well. I certainly don't run my business this way; if I did I would be OUT of business! I suspect they sell wholesale and then the dealers can really stick it to us consumers. No wonder our country is in the mess we are right now. Almost makes me wish I hadn't served to defend her for 28 years! Maybe I can find someone who will take a $100 bill to make a phone call and order this for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.