sx95 belt routing? - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

John Deere Forum John Deere Garden Tractor talk

Old 05-27-2009, 03:12 PM   post #1 of 6
Seuadr
MTF Member

MTF Member # 27038
Default sx95 belt routing?

hi, i'm new here, i did a search while waiting for my account to be validated, but didn't find a solid answer to my question.

I just moved into a new house and the previous owner left it. I've been bringing it back to life, needed alot of wiring fixes, cleaning of connectors etc.

I am finally to the point where it runs, but i didn't have a belt. So, no problem, i go get a belt from the local dealer.

problem is, i don't know how the belt is routed, and the local dealer can't get me a book for a bit. friday i am leaving to get married, and i'd like to get the lawn mown before i go.

Does anyone have a picture of the belt routing for this mower? i have the 2 blade deck. I took at peek at JDparts.com, but i must be dim, i am still not entirely sure how to run it. i've gotten it close, but it's still not quite tight enough.

thanks in advance, guys!
Seuadr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2009, 10:42 PM   post #2 of 6
Seuadr
MTF Member

MTF Member # 27038
Default Re: sx95 belt routing?

it looks like one tensioner is broken, and there are a couple springs i am unaware of where to run.

here is a rather crappy drawing of how i am running the belt now and how the springs are currently connected:

is there anything obviously wrong i am doing here?
Old 06-06-2009, 06:08 PM   post #3 of 6
Seuadr
MTF Member

MTF Member # 27038

no one?
Old 06-07-2009, 04:23 PM   post #4 of 6
Erich.VonGeist
MTF Member

MTF Member # 27489

Hi,
the diagram looks about right although I looked at the same diagram trying to figure it out.
The sx95 doesn't have a stacked pulley on the deck so that the deck belt and the deck drive belt are seperate like a lot of other deeres do.
I gave up and bought the Deere belt and had the local lawn mower pro repair shop put it on. It took them almost an hour to get it on right. A real booger.
I thought I would mention not to lift the mower by chain from the front of the mower to tilt the deck vertical to change the belts, change/sharpen the blades. The shop I had fix it for me did this and the engine oil ran into the carbueretor and caused the mower not to start. They had to loosen the carb housing to drain the oil out and then it fired up no problem.
If you plan on tilting the mower up like that, drain the oil first. Changing the oil would be a good idea too. Since your mower is old like mine and the valves have seated properly, you can use synthetic oil if you like. I think that's what I am going to do at my next oil change. It seems like everyone recommends 10w30 during summer and 10w40 in winter. Some people have said to use heavy duty 30 weight though. Check the oil/lubricants thread.
Good luck.
Erich
Old 06-08-2009, 10:15 PM   post #5 of 6
Seuadr
MTF Member

MTF Member # 27038

ya, i am basically to the point where i think i may have to find a shop. i've exhausted any ideas as to where to run things beyond how it is now. thanks for the reply, good to know i am at least on the right path.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2009, 11:24 AM   post #6 of 6
Erich.VonGeist
MTF Member

MTF Member # 27489

No problem.
Erich
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.