Ingersoll 3014 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 05-08-2009, 11:15 AM   post #1 of 7
kansascitysteve
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 25821
Default Ingersoll 3014

Any thoughts on the Ingersoll 3014 seen below? I am looking at purchasing it. It is an unknown year with a 14hp Kohler and a 48" mower deck. The engine has 690 hours on it. Asking price is $900 Would I be better with the ingersoll 3014, the case 446 (http://www.mytractorforum.com/showth...189#post677189)or a home depot type John Deer (LA105 or similar) that is only a few years old? I am really at a crossroad on what to get. I have about 1 acre to mow and likely wont use too many attachments. Thanks again for the friendly advice and tips.
Attached Images

kansascitysteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2009, 11:21 AM   post #2 of 7
kansascitysteve
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 25821
Default Re: Ingersoll 3014

Here is the other photo....
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2009, 11:50 AM   post #3 of 7
HiPocket
Landscaping Nut

MTF Member # 5863

If it were me I look at a Sears GT on sale DGS 6500. I have both a INGY 3018 and the DGS6500 at money wise the INGY can get expensive and time consuming fixing up. If its in excellent shape and runs like a top then go for it the price is good.

Or if you like a project to fix up go for it. Just for me the INgy like a hobby aka labor of love or hate depends on how busy I am and how needy the INgy is.

For me I'd buy the ingy for parts or as another project. But if your not into wrenchin trouble shooting, chasing parts then look at a new cheaper more disposable tractor.
HiPocket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2009, 12:53 PM   post #4 of 7
Magnum RT
2000 Posts and climbing!!!

MTF Member # 4746

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiPocket View Post
If it were me I look at a Sears GT on sale DGS 6500. I have both a INGY 3018 and the DGS6500 at money wise the INGY can get expensive and time consuming fixing up. If its in excellent shape and runs like a top then go for it the price is good.

Or if you like a project to fix up go for it. Just for me the INgy like a hobby aka labor of love or hate depends on how busy I am and how needy the INgy is.

For me I'd buy the ingy for parts or as another project. But if your not into wrenchin trouble shooting, chasing parts then look at a new cheaper more disposable tractor.
If money is no object, and you like a new tractor every few years, buy the Sears, by all means! If you want a tractor that you will service properly and expect to last a lifetime, buy the Ingy!
Green Bay Packers Fan
A lazy mind finds easier solutions!

Magnum RT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2009, 12:59 PM   post #5 of 7
Caseman2
2000 Posts and climbing!!!

MTF Member # 9276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum RT View Post
If money is no object, and you like a new tractor every few years, buy the Sears, by all means! If you want a tractor that you will service properly and expect to last a lifetime, buy the Ingy!
Absolutely!

The Ingy is a value product, any $ that you put into it is worth it and with proper care your grandkids will be mowing with long after you cross over to them pearly gates.
Caseman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2009, 01:58 PM   post #6 of 7
louofm1
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 2079

I own a very similar 3012 (see picture). I dont have my exact year but i believe it's around 1995-1998. Mine has a 12.5 hp Briggs vanguard V-twin. Purchased it several years ago with about 225 hours on the meter. I paid $1300-$1400 I believe. Mine has a 44" deck.

Very solid machine and I love it. Even with 600 hours, if it runs good, was maintained, $900 is a fair price. I got a really good deal on mine. Worse case scenerio ....a replacement engine will run you $500-900 (new). The tractor itself is heavy duty and should be with my family for years to come. Ive only had some minor problems.

Personally I would rather have a solid quality used machine than a brand new cheap machine. Of course, I feel the same way about cars. A new Ingy will set you back $6000-$7000. By all means, stay away from "home depot" type machines. I dont believe that the newer John Deere's (on the low price end) are quality machines anymore. I wouldnt feel comfortable pulling a 600lb lawn roller with many of the cheaper tractors available at Home depot or sears

Last edited by louofm1; 05-08-2009 at 02:05 PM.
louofm1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2009, 09:41 PM   post #7 of 7
kansascitysteve
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 25821

Thanks for the feedback.... I contacted the seller today and he said the fuel pump went out on him and he is going to call me to look at it once he gets the new pump installed..... I will kep you posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.