County Line Implements? - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 04-13-2009, 10:05 AM   post #1 of 5
Chood
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 23982
Default County Line Implements?

Looking at some County Line implements from Tractor Supply (disc, tiller, box scraper) for my new Kubota BX 1850. Anyone have any experience with County Line implements? Also, not sure if I should go for the disc or the tiller. This is a new piece of property that is very weedy with sandy soil and some rocks. Thinking I should utilize a disc this year before I invest the $$$ for a tiller and tear it up due to the rocks. Any thoughts?
Chood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2009, 10:50 AM   post #2 of 5
zionview
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 12953
Default Re: County Line Implements?

The tiller should have a slip clutch. I've torn up discs on rocks, too. I would think if you took your time with a tiller, you'll get along well with it, and won't have a disc in the shed collecting dust. Sooner or later, you'll have all the stones picked. I haven't found a rock in my garden for many years.
zionview is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2009, 01:09 PM   post #3 of 5
greenmule
Banned!

MTF Member # 21779

Well generally speaking for a garden,you plow,than disk,you don't just disk. I f your ground was soft enough and your disks were heavy enough and you had plenty of time,guess disk alone might work,but not generally how its done.

Tiller like said,should have a slip clutch,you can adjust the clutch from where tines won't even turn unless clutch slips ,it needs to be set up for your ground,loose enough to where if you got a big rock caught or something,it slips,other wise you could tear up your tractor,but you got to have it tight enough so's it will till,directions should be in owners manual.

Theres advantages to doing it either way,and disadvantages too.
greenmule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2009, 02:29 AM   post #4 of 5
dusting1981
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 20915

If you have the money, a tiller would be the way to go. As far as the Country Line brand goes I think its the same as KK. But I'm not sure. I've looked at them and they look as good as any, I know you will save money going with a brand like Country Line vs frontier, woods, or land pride.

2008 JD 2305
200cx loader
I match
60" buhler rear discharge mower
50" buhler rear snowblower
60" dark horse box blade
60" 9 tine cultivator
48" agrifab dethatcher
10 cu.ft. agrifab poly dump cart
25 gallon huskie sprayer
dusting1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2009, 07:45 AM   post #5 of 5
pionex80
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 25532

I have a 48" County Line Brush Cutter (Bright Orange). I chose it because of the dual rotating wheels in the back to keep the deck more stable and aligned more level keeping a more level cut. It is pretty solid gauge steel and I am happy the selective areas that the Company reinforced the cutter overall with. I looked a long time and like you got advice and opinion before I purchased. I have not experienced any issue yet. The blades on this cutter are very thick, like a 1/2". Many others I saw looked like 3/8" blades. I would get a slipper clutch too. I should think you could get one and use it for more implements than just a tiller. Tractor Supply has some. I have not gotten one yet, but would if I was tilling. They are not cheap, not terrible either (like 180.00 or less), but the ones at Tractor Supply look very durable. I am looking at their box scraper next.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.