Selling my Yanmar FX24D - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 03-15-2009, 04:54 PM   post #1 of 8
nicholastheczar
MTF Member

MTF Member # 6621
Default Selling my Yanmar FX24D

Well, it has been a good tractor, but we are moving and it can't come with us. I am selling my Yanmar FX24D 4x4 with FEL, 5' king kutter shredder, and 5' diamond box blade. Just thought I'd let any one know who may be looking for a good deal on a Yanmar as I am trying to sell it quick before we move. Asking $8750. Its located in North Texas around Granbury.

Thanks,
Nick
nicholastheczar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2009, 12:12 PM   post #2 of 8
pgsmith
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 24366
Default Re: Selling my Yanmar FX24D

Just bought it!
Brought it home this weekend. Haven't had a chance to do anything other than let the wife play with the loader a little, and put it in the barn. Ordered a set of new filters and will start changing all the fluids this weekend.

Can anyone tell me what grade of hydraulic and engine oil to put in it? Capacities would be nice also.

Thanks y'all, and thanks to Nick who was a really nice guy and held onto it for me until I could get out there and see it.

Paul
pgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 12:32 PM   post #3 of 8
jeepersmitty
Retired Aug.31 2007

MTF Member # 6130

You have you a nice tractor with nice equipment. Congratulations on the purchase.

I always know...
God won't give me more than I can handle
There are times I just wish He didn't trust me quite so much.
jeepersmitty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 02:34 PM   post #4 of 8
pgsmith
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 24366

Thanks smitty,
Now I've got to make time to mess with it and figure out just what the heck I'm doing!
Old 04-21-2009, 03:37 PM   post #5 of 8
mark777
Administrator

MTF Member # 252

That is the FIRST FX24D I've seen for sale by a private party. You don't seem them often as most either keep it forever, or trade up.

The FX24D is a great tractor with no known complaints. If the UFO fender mounted controls are still attached, I know a few who have hooked them up as they follow the contours of the ground and over-ride the draft control. Great for tillers especially.

Paul, it uses JD 303 or better (grade) hy-trans fluid, and every bit of 5 gallons with the attached loader. Many use Dello multi grade (20-50) for their Yanmar's. Sorry I don't know the capacity for this model.

Mark
mark777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 03:51 PM   post #6 of 8
pgsmith
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 24366

Hey Mark,
Thanks for the fluid info. Do you think I ought to change out the transmission and front diff as well?
Quote:
If the UFO fender mounted controls are still attached, I know a few who have hooked them up as they follow the contours of the ground and over-ride the draft control.
The previous owner hooked them up with a toggle switch on the right fender. I already know where that will come in really handy since I need to fix the drainage between the driveway and a flower bed, and an angle on the box blade should fit it perfectly.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:10 PM   post #7 of 8
mark777
Administrator

MTF Member # 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsmith View Post
Hey Mark,
Thanks for the fluid info. Do you think I ought to change out the transmission and front diff as well?....
Sure!

Then you have your hour meter to refer to when fluid changes and scheduled maintenance are due.

You're gonna' love the PowerShift tranny!

The transmission IS the hydraulic reservoir, and along with the spin on filter, you have an internal stainless steel wire mesh filter (remove, clean, replace). Both should be changed/serviced once a year, or a maximum of 100 hours. Engine oil and filter every 50 hours. 80/90 weight gear oil for the FWD should be changed between 100 and 200 hours, or immediately after the FWD axle has been fully submerged in fresh, salty brine or sea water.

Iím going from memory, which probably isnít the best, but figure the average Ďgentlemaní farmer/rancher uses his Yanmar less than 100 hours per year, and really, closer to 50, depending on the acreage.
mark777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2009, 10:00 AM   post #8 of 8
pgsmith
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 24366

Quote:
The transmission IS the hydraulic reservoir
Thanks, that explains why my cursory look didn't find anything that looked like a hydraulic reservoir!
I'll pick up fluids this week and try to make the time to change them out this weekend.

I think I've managed to convince the wife that she needs to wash it and give it a wax job before I can work on it properly. We'll have to see how that works out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.