L200 tractor - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 02-21-2009, 11:52 PM   post #1 of 19
eldyfig
What can I work on today?

MTF Member # 2153
Default L200 tractor

I am trying to get some info on an L200 Kubota (72-73 year model?). I did a search for L200 on the forums that didn't turn up anything. Can anyone help me on a review of this tractor. There is one nearby that someone is selling for $2700. It comes with a 4' bush hog, a 4' blade, and a 4' disc harrow with what the owner said were some very rusty discs. He said the steering is loose. He thinks it is the steering box.

What I do know:

L200, 21hp
Z1100 Diesel, 2cyl
2 speed PTO, 14.7hp

I haven't been to see it yet. Friend told me about it and I called the owner to get some info. Anyone know anything about this model?

'05 Craftsman GT5000 54" Hydro 22Hp.

Tony
eldyfig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2009, 07:46 PM   post #2 of 19
Jim_WV

MTF Member # 241
Garage
Default Re: L200 tractor

Not much info on this one at tractordata.com, here's what they do show, some of the same info. you already have.
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-trac...bota-l200.html
Jim_WV is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009, 08:00 AM   post #3 of 19
eldyfig
What can I work on today?

MTF Member # 2153

Thank you, Jim.

Anybody have or had any model Kubota similar in size and age as the L200? If I were to buy this thing, I would most like to put a FEL on it. That is probably my biggest reason for stepping up from a garden tractor. Next would be an auger. I cut 5 acres and the garden tractor's 54" finish cut and its turning circle (I have quite a number of trees) are good for me. However, I have other work that I need something bigger for.

I am open to suggestions for other tractors that would be in the under $3500 range.

'05 Craftsman GT5000 54" Hydro 22Hp.

Tony
eldyfig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009, 06:38 PM   post #4 of 19
Volfandt
Machinery enthusiast

MTF Member # 164

Tony, I don't ever recall seeing one but it specs out well for your entended uses.
It did make Marks Gray Market list http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=43000
but it looks like it could have also been marketed for the US market too.
I don't know how available parts would be for it so keep that in mind when you do a good checkout.
A quick search turned up this manual so thats a good sign.
http://www.manuals.us/browseproducts...operators.HTML
Make sure that the pto turns to the USA specs. If it doesn't you'll either have to use proprietary pto powered implements or add an expensive pto reverser.
I haven't been pricing tractors lately but your price range could also put you into a nice older 8N Ford and/or TO30 Ferguson plus those same implements.
Just keep in mind when dealing with these older classics, a good basis in wrench turning 101 is a necessiity

Good luck

1966 Wheel Horse 856, Gear.
1966 Wheel Horse 876, HST.
w/50" sicklebar mower, 36" rotary mower, snow blade, alternator/welder.
http://mytractorforum.com/showthread...hlight=856,876

The USMC, providing the enemies of the USA the opportunity to die for their country since 1775.
Volfandt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2009, 10:44 PM   post #5 of 19
RDR
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 4731

I would go with the diesel and more speeds in the transmission. I grew up on a 2N, then 8N. The 8N had 12 speeds, but still wouldn't want one now.(gas guzzlers)
Old 03-06-2009, 10:59 PM   post #6 of 19
SonnyT
Hoosier Born & Raised!

MTF Member # 21893
Garage

A Texan that doesn't love "N"s? Hope Ken n tx does see this!

SonnyT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2009, 12:09 AM   post #7 of 19
kustom672000
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 25349

hello sorry im so late to the party i own a 1968 kubota l200 i just fully restored it and the front end loader its a wonderfull little tractor lots of power for a little package need more weight on the back wheels of course. What i do know about the l200 it was introduced in 1968 gray market that is like mine there will be no pto shield on the back and only KPH on the speedometer and a few other things. Kubota only shiped 13 of these tractors to america the port of LA where there where dispersed throught the usa mine is lucky number 13 they became a over night sucess over here because no one else offered a small tractor with so much power a deisile engine then in 1969 they made the tractor safer with the pto sheild and other stuff but in 1970 they opened production here in america some where in the southwest i think and moved the head lights from the fender to the front hood with other models as well like the l210 and such if the tractor your looking at has a canister oil filter it is pre 1970 other wise it will have a screw on filter now let me warn you that they no longer have parts for these tractors and kubota still owns the copywrites to this tractor so if you blow the engine they have to wait till there is a big enough order for that certin part before they will start production on it again but if you know any old time part stores they might have what you need or can get it. i will try to get a few pic of mine on here. if you have any more q. pls let me know. PS all i need to complete my l200 is one rear taillight lens this one was broken when i bought the tractor thanks again. my email is kustom672000@yahoo.com
kustom672000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2009, 03:43 AM   post #8 of 19
Michael
Retired Mod

MTF Member # 21

I do have the parts manual available for this tractor available in my library. it is in PDF form so if you are interested Kustom and eldyfig shoot me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send it free. Even though you can not get parts you might try other parts manuals in the reference library and they might be close to what you need. Another place is to click on the link www.orangetractortalks.com and go to the forum there and Vic or Mr K might be able to locate some parts for you. They are up in Canada andt they deal exclusively in Kubotas.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:22 PM   post #9 of 19
StorminN
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 50964

Hi guys,

I just picked up my L200 this weekend. According to Kustom672000's post, mine might be one of the original ones, too... it has the lights in the front of the fenders, and the speedometer is in kph. It's in surprisingly good shape for being 40-odd years old. Here's a couple of pics... (first one is from my cell phone, the second is from a camera... second one is more accurate for color).

-Norm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1031001453.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	127342   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05325.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	127343  
StorminN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2010, 12:45 AM   post #10 of 19
Phoenix125
Proud Member of the 1K Club

MTF Member # 31145

Very nice looking tractor.. especially for being around 40 years old! I hope mine will be in just as good shape in 40 years.
2009 JD 2305, FEL w/ 53" Bucket & hooks, 54" MMM w/ Ind. Lift, Hydraulic Diverter, & JD Mulch Kit, 12v Port 1 & 2, (3) ROPS Lights, JD Ballast Box w/ Reese Hitch mod, JD 60" Back Blade, Harbor Freight Quick Hitch (27.5" due to old implement), Bro-Tek Skid Plate, Markham Welding Tooth Bar, Wallace 5' Box Blade, Frontier GM1060R Finish Mower, EZmover Hitch, Harbor Freight Winch, Clamp-On Pallet Forks from eBay, CountyLine Carry All, Agri-Fab Speader, Precision Dethatcher, County Line 5' Landscape Rake, Fimco 15gal 2.1 GPM Sprayer, TSC 48"x24" Roller, Precision Spreader, CountyLine 3pt Post Hole Digger
My 2305 & 200CX Maintenance Schedule Check List: PDF Excel
Phoenix125 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2010, 01:43 PM   post #11 of 19
StorminN
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 50964

Thanks Phoenix!

Yeah, this tractor and I are about the same age, and the tractor is definitely looking better for its age than I am!

-Norm.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:14 AM   post #12 of 19
docwesley
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 58728

Hi,
I am new to tractors but I just purchased a Kubota L200. It appears to be an oldie but in very good shape. I would like to find out from others were I can find some information about this model and potentially get a pdf manual. It does have the headlights on the fender. It is also missing a part over the intake filter which I would like to find. I believe someone took it off to squirt starting fluid down it and never replaced it. It also appears that the hour meter has stopped and I would like to know how to hook this back up or fix it. I also want to know if it would be fine to use a 5ft finish mower on it. Are there brands on the mower I should be looking for? or will it work with most?
Thanks,
Marty
docwesley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 08:04 PM   post #13 of 19
StorminN
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 50964

Hi Marty,

Welcome to the L200 club! Parts manuals are easy to come by online. I have a couple of .pdf versions. If I recall correctly, the Messicks one is the highest resolution that I've found, about 5.6 Mb for the entire parts manual. You can download it piece by piece here:
http://www.messicks.com/TractorParts/Kubota/l210.aspx

You can also order hard-copy manuals online, like the Messicks ones here:
http://www.messicks.com/Articles/KubotaManuals.aspx

I have a hard-copy of the user's manual at home, but no digital version. I do have the ability to scan it, though... so if you're interested, let me know. I don't own the service manual, but I would like to.

Keep in mind the L200 and L210 are virtually the same tractor... from what I have gathered, the L200 was the first Kubota legally imported into the USA, (around 1969) and was sold in both Japan and the USA... where the L210 was made for the USA and not sold in Japan. The sheet metal on the L210 is different, the lights are on the hood. I read all this somewhere along the way, after I bought my L200 last fall.

My L200 has the wrong air intake as well! You can try some of the tractor junkyard sites, there's a big one in Kentucky, that I've seen online. Sorry I can't help on the hour meter, I haven't had to mess with that on mine, it works fine.

As far as the finish mower... I don't think the brand of mower matters, the L200 has the standard USA rotation on the PTO, so any Cat 1 PTO mower should work for you, just keep in mind the hp rating - the L200 is only about 15hp at the PTO:
http://www.everythingattachments.com...ecs-s/3921.htm

So with the L200 you're on the lower end of the HP rating for a 5' mower, you'd probably want to go with a 4' mower instead of a 5'... see the chart at the bottom:
http://www.everythingattachments.com...rear-m60-s.htm

That being said, my L200 came with a Rankin brush hog and it works fine. I should measure how wide it is. I haven't tried it in super tall hay, (if I did, I would take it slow) but I've mowed a bit with it and it works.

Let us know what you learn!

-Norm.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:20 PM   post #14 of 19
docwesley
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 58728

Thank you Norm,
I am getting to know the tractor some but I would really love to get an owners manual. If you could scan one, it would be greatly appreciated. I do have the parts manual and I now have the service manual for the 210. Do you need a copy? I am going to look at junkyard in Paducah soon to see what they have for the L200. Thanks for you thoughts!
Marty
docwesley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2011, 12:48 PM   post #15 of 19
StorminN
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 50964

Hi Marty,

Yes, I'll dig up the owner's manual I have at home and bring it to work and scan it... might take me a day or two, but no problem... I would really appreciate a service manual, sounds like a good trade! I'll send you a private message with my email address... thanks!

P.S. Does your L200 have a loader or any other attachments? How about a posting a picture? I have learned how to tap into the hydraulics on this tractor, if you're interested...

Thanks,
-Norm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.