New 48" snow blade - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 01-12-2009, 01:47 AM   post #1 of 16
zuidema1
MTF Member

MTF Member # 21441
Smile New 48" snow blade

Hello all. I'm new to the board, and this is my first of hopefully many useful posts. I found this site while researching snow plows on the internet, and I have already found a lot of great information here.

I'd just like to pass along that buymtdonline dot com currently has an Arnold universal fit 48" snow plow on close out for $173 plus $20 shipping. This is the same 48" snow plow that Sears sells for $360 - $380.

I put mine on my Craftsman DYS4500 and used it for the first time this week. The plow works great compared to my shovel, and I'm really happy with it. My only dissapointment would be that the plow mount rides lower than I'd like because of my front deck mount.

The front deck mount on my tractor hangs down directly over the bars that connnect the front of the plow mount to the rear of the tractor. Without the front deck mount, the plow mount could easily be 3 inches higher. I don't see the ride height of the plow mount being an issue, but being able to raise the blade another 3 inches higher would be nice when backing up.

All things being equal, I just plowed about 4 inches of snow, my back doesn't hurt, and I'm only out $193! I just wish I had a longer driveway as this set up really is overkill for my 1 lane 40' long driveway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07124428000.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	58718  
zuidema1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 02:25 AM   post #2 of 16
slkpk
USMC

MTF Member # 37
Default Re: New 48" snow blade

and enjoy theforums. What part of IL you from? slkpk
It's too late to worry about it now!

slkpk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 AM   post #3 of 16
Jim_WV

MTF Member # 241
Garage

zuidema ! nice to have you here and enjoy the forums
Jim_WV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 11:23 AM   post #4 of 16
jeepersmitty
Retired Aug.31 2007

MTF Member # 6130

Welcome to MTF. Thanks on the tip on the blade.

I always know...
God won't give me more than I can handle
There are times I just wish He didn't trust me quite so much.
jeepersmitty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 07:58 PM   post #5 of 16
markwb
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 19085

zuidema1, have fun with the new blade. Sounds like a real nice deal.
Welcome to MTF!
1997 Lawn Boy Silver Series Model 10227
PreciseFit 42" Lawn Sweeper
Echo SRM-2100 Trimmer/Brush Cutter
"My Other Vehicle Is a Nuclear Submarine"
markwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2009, 12:50 AM   post #6 of 16
zuidema1
MTF Member

MTF Member # 21441

I got another 3 or 4 inches of snow today. I plowed it when I got home at 10:30pm. I hope the neighbors didn't mind because I was really having a lot of fun.

If I hadn't found this deal on the plow, I would have spent twice as much money on a single stage walk behind snowblower. The snowblower wouldn't have been this much fun.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:13 AM   post #7 of 16
Lost Pup
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 19792

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuidema1 View Post
I got another 3 or 4 inches of snow today. I plowed it when I got home at 10:30pm. I hope the neighbors didn't mind because I was really having a lot of fun.

If I hadn't found this deal on the plow, I would have spent twice as much money on a single stage walk behind snowblower. The snowblower wouldn't have been this much fun.
Any chance of a few pics of the Plow and/or manual ?

Thanks
Lost Pup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2009, 09:51 AM   post #8 of 16
zrxmike
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 21749

I own a Craftsman lt2000 ? tractor........will that fit mine? They don't say which models it will work on and couldn't find a web site for the plow.
zrxmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2009, 08:28 PM   post #9 of 16
zuidema1
MTF Member

MTF Member # 21441

ZRXMIKE, I looked at some pictures of the LT1000 on line and a LT2000 at Sears today. I don't see any reason why this plow wouldn't fit your tractor.

The plow chassis is adjustable for tractor length and frame width. I bet this plow will fit most every lawn tractor on the market.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:37 AM   post #10 of 16
TallElf
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 21019

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuidema1 View Post
Hello all. I'm new to the board, and this is my first of hopefully many useful posts. I found this site while researching snow plows on the internet, and I have already found a lot of great information here.

I'd just like to pass along that buymtdonline dot com currently has an Arnold universal fit 48" snow plow on close out for $173 plus $20 shipping. This is the same 48" snow plow that Sears sells for $360 - $380.

I put mine on my Craftsman DYS4500 and used it for the first time this week. The plow works great compared to my shovel, and I'm really happy with it. My only dissapointment would be that the plow mount rides lower than I'd like because of my front deck mount.

The front deck mount on my tractor hangs down directly over the bars that connnect the front of the plow mount to the rear of the tractor. Without the front deck mount, the plow mount could easily be 3 inches higher. I don't see the ride height of the plow mount being an issue, but being able to raise the blade another 3 inches higher would be nice when backing up.

All things being equal, I just plowed about 4 inches of snow, my back doesn't hurt, and I'm only out $193! I just wish I had a longer driveway as this set up really is overkill for my 1 lane 40' long driveway.

You have piqued my curiosites.. they alos have a 46 inch dozer blade that looks a little heavier in the blade for 339.. which sure beats the pants off of the craftsman 16 inch tall... Now I am just curious as they say fits "MOST" I would like to know if these would fit my DGS6500
TallElf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2009, 07:06 PM   post #11 of 16
Lost Pup
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 19792

I took a chance and ordered the plow from MTD Online. It arrived in a few days and the box was intact.

I own a new Sears 6500 and a old Hechinger Branded MTD Tractor. I attached it first to the MTD and it works just fine on the flat driveway. Two small lower hood bracket brackets need to be drilled out then sandwiched back to their old location with the two front support brackets.
It can be raised higher if I flip the steering linkage to the top side and another inch of height can be gained.

I have compared the Sears manual (48 inch Snowblade) to this one from Agri-Fab and they are a match even sharing part numbers.

Two small parts were missing from the install....nothing critical.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the plow. Good Deal IMHO

Lost Pup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2009, 08:10 PM   post #12 of 16
slkpk
USMC

MTF Member # 37

That ought to do the job. slkpk
It's too late to worry about it now!

slkpk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2009, 02:56 AM   post #13 of 16
walter g
2000 Posts and climbing!!!

MTF Member # 9285

I haven't seen the hechinger version before.I have the Lowes version. So I that blade will mount up to mine.
Walter
walter g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2009, 04:12 PM   post #14 of 16
zuidema1
MTF Member

MTF Member # 21441

Lost Pup,

Thanks for posting the pictures (I hate my digital camera). You can see in one Lost Pup's pictures how the plow chassis mounts to the front of the frame. This plow should fit just about any lawn/garden tractor out there.

These plows are great geal. It seams like I had 3-5 inch snow falls once or twice a week in December. I shoveled all of it. I got my plow the first week of January, and it has only snowed a measurable amount twice since then. The plow works greats and I haven't used it nearly enough.

If anyone has given any thoughts to a snow plow, I don't know how you can beat $193 delivered to your door for a NEW snow plow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 08:36 AM   post #15 of 16
ptmmatssc
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 17715

A local bargain place had a few of those Arnold plows for sale at $99 apiece . Didn't think anything about them since I already have a couple of types/sizes on hand . Thinking about it now , I probably should have picked one up .

They are also the ones I got an Earthquake auger bit for $10 from , NIB. Found out they are $110 , lol .

I'll have to look , but I bet they still have one or two of those blades left for $99 .
ptmmatssc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.