B3030 Hydraulic Valve Problem - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 12-12-2008, 08:15 AM   post #1 of 3
Vacman
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 20539
Default B3030 Hydraulic Valve Problem

My 2-yr old B3030 was delivered with the following problem, although we never realized it until we mounted the snowblower the first time. The way it's supposed to work, when pushing the lever forward, the snowblower drops and there's a stop. When pushed beyond the stop, the pressure should release and just allow the weight of the snowblower ride against the surface being blown. Mine doesn't do that. When I push forward, the pressure continues and the snowblower will lift the tractor's front end off the ground (and the lever won't lock in that position). I would guess that the problem is a cable adjustment from the lever to the valve, but Kubota provides no information regarding the cable adjustments. Has anyone ever run into something like this or know how to solve this problem?

Vacman
Vacman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008, 09:14 AM   post #2 of 3
Volfandt
Machinery enthusiast

MTF Member # 164
Default Re: B3030 Hydraulic Valve Problem

Question, did/do you notice the same operation w/the FEL mounted?
I want to think that the FEL joystick controller is similar to the one on my BX23 and it doesn't use a cable as the control lever is directly mounted to the valve. But, if you have the remote lever thats mounted on the right fender then it may in fact use a cable. Course there could be a huge difference between models and if so disregard

Is your FEL control lever mounted on the right side FEL support or on the right side fender?

I have read where the FEL valving could loose the float (regen) function due to water/snow getting into valve cylinders (there are two at the bottom of the control valve) and freezing, which disables the float (regen) function. The fix is to remove the cylinders one at a time, being careful to not lose the springs, seals and ball bearings, clean & lube everything up and before you put it all back together, to drill a very small hole (1/32's - 1/8th) at the bottom most part of the cylinder (take into consideration that the valve and cylinder(s) are slanted). This hole allows the condensation to drain which should keep it from freezing again.
Kubota started providing the cylinders with drain holes sometime in production so yours may have them. If so, take a hair dryer or similar heat source and heat the cylinder area of the valve, if you see water/condensation start to weep from the hole than you've probebly found the problem and you may not have to disassemble.
Course if the condensation has corroded the ball bearings in place then disasembly, cleaning and lubrication will still be necessary.

I did notice where you said this problem has been consistant since you purchased it. So did you bring this to the attention of the dealer while it was still under warranty? And if so what did he say?

You can download a free parts manual from tractorsmart.com and you can purchase a WSM (work shop manual) from one of our Kubota sponsors or your dealer if you don't want to go into the valving without a "road map".

One last point and I hate to ask but since we're troubleshooting we need to touch on it, are you sure that you're pushing the lever past the detent? It takes a bit more force to puch it past and some folks won't do it for fear of breaking the lever/valve. Just had to ask to make sure
Let us know and good luck

1966 Wheel Horse 856, Gear.
1966 Wheel Horse 876, HST.
w/50" sicklebar mower, 36" rotary mower, snow blade, alternator/welder.
http://mytractorforum.com/showthread...hlight=856,876

The USMC, providing the enemies of the USA the opportunity to die for their country since 1775.
Volfandt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008, 12:50 PM   post #3 of 3
Vacman
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 20539
Default Re: B3030 Hydraulic Valve Problem

Yep, I'm pushing it all the way forward. It's this way, winter or summer, and I don't use a FEL on this tractor, but my Yanmar joystick does push forward and release the downward force on its FEL. Yep, the dealer is aware of it, and has a replacement valve in stock should we need it, but he's also over an hour away and has no mobile service. I didn't want to pay by the mile for him to transport it back to his shop. That alone would probably cost more than the valve. These definitely are cables and have adjustments to them. There are two which come from the joystick. I have tried adjusting one with no solution to the problem. The valve has two inputs for the cables on the bottom, two hydraulic hoses coming out to the lift cylinder, and two hoses going to the chute, all four coming out the front of the valve body. The cables appear to move freely & I believe that Kubota went to a cable system so that they would eliminate hydraulics inside the tractor cab. My dealer did FAX me the instructions on mounting a new valve on a B3030, but those instructions are useless for telling one how to adjust them. I would think that I need a blow-up drawing of the valve, & I'm not sure that's available. Yo9u know, nothing gets repaired anymore, just replaced so why would you ever need a drawing of the internals of a valve!

Vacman
Vacman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.