190-341 snow blower does not fit on gt 1554 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 09-12-2008, 07:01 AM   post #1 of 11
City boy
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 11620
Default 190-341 snow blower does not fit on gt 1554

I got a 190-341 snow thrower site unseen from a co-worker. I was hoping it would fit on my gt 1554. Modifying it would be more work than shoveling

I am now the proud owner of a 190-341 lawn ornament and one upset woman!

I could not find any posts telling me if this could or could not be done so I figured I should post this for the next guy.

If anybody needs a snow blower for their 2000 series make an offer. I am in Haverhill Massachusetts (top right hand corner).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2008, 07:04 AM   post #2 of 11
Ken N Tx
Retired MTF Admin

MTF Member # 117
Garage
Default Re: 190-341 snow blower does not fit on gt 1554

Maybe try Craigslist?? Local and easy pick-up..
Old 09-12-2008, 11:14 AM   post #3 of 11
City boy
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 11620

I have already listed it. I wonder if anybody else thinks it is funny that a Texan is telling a New Engalnder how to sell a snow blower?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:22 AM   post #4 of 11
glenn27
10,000 +posts!

MTF Member # 703

Quote:
Originally Posted by City boy View Post
I have already listed it. I wonder if anybody else thinks it is funny that a Texan is telling a New Engalnder how to sell a snow blower?
Naw--just trying to be helpful.....he maybe wishes for a litle of the white stuf...Me/myself--after working outside in it for years--I dread it.

much ratjher have my totsies in the warm white sand...

Sometimes you just have to laugh..To keep from going insane!!

Jimmy Buffett
glenn27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2008, 02:36 PM   post #5 of 11
City boy
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 11620

I know Ken was being helpful, I really do appreciate his reply. I just thought there was some subtle humor that I could point out.

I think everybody on this site is a blast to chat with and I hope Ken is cool with my comment.

I got a call today about the snow blower, I am sure I can sell it the thing is awesome, just does not fit my tractor.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:36 PM   post #6 of 11
oldtimer
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 4355

I saw the irony.
oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008, 03:54 PM   post #7 of 11
City boy
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 11620

I sold the snow thrower to a nice gentleman from Maine. I then logged in and found a 190-823 on ebay. Not nearly as nice a shape unless you like the color rust. I won the auction and have managed to modify it to fit on my gt-1554. It was pretty easy and I got to use my sawsall YUMMY! Now if I can just find a way to fix my tractor with a chainsaw, I will have lived a happy and complet life, that all others will envy.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:33 PM   post #8 of 11
jesemd
Tractor Happy

MTF Member # 21506

How does the 190-823 snowblower work. I found a great deal on one, but wanted to make sure you are having good luck with yours before I pick it up.

Thanks in advance.
jesemd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2009, 07:08 AM   post #9 of 11
City boy
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 11620

So far so good, over 40 inches this year couple of storms over a foot. I will send you private e-mail. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:47 AM   post #10 of 11
City boy
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 11620

I have a little more time now, so I will just post this instead of sending you a private message. (the point of the forum is to share info with everyone if I had done this in the first place you would not have had to post)

I just checked my notes to myself from when I put the snow blower on. here is all I have.

Make sure the pto belt is routed before you latch the plate.
70 inch belt OD and 67 inch belt ID. For the PTO

The fact that all I have is 2 lines says it wasn't that bad. All I had to do to modify the snow blower was replace the u-shaped attachment pins with straight ones. Then cut off the 1/2 inch guides for the U shaped attachment pins One of them was hitting the exhaust, I think I cut the other one just because I had the tools out and I didn't want to have to wrestle with it again if it bumped into something.

I got the belt at an automotive store much cheaper. It does slip when I get a lot of snow in the snow blower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 09:56 AM   post #11 of 11
randy82k
OWL82k

MTF Member # 54017

City Boy, Thanks for your information, I just purchased a 190-823 blower off crag's list for $600. It was brand new still in crate, about 4 or 5 years old. The last owner had never installed it had since sold the tractor he bought it for so had no use for it. Following your posts I was able to quickly unload id from my pickup sliding it down ramps and get it set up and installed. As you discussed I had to cut off the U-shaped pin sleeves. I used a 1/2"x 1" bolts to attach to frame but will be looking into some pins as they were almost impossible to start nuts on inside of frame. I checked and see the 190-032 version has a different pin design, I may order those. The control bar on the left side is rubbing on the hood, which I haven't addressed yet. Comparing the part numbers for the rod between the 190-823 and the CUB version 190-032 I noted a difference, but the $50 price tag prohibits me from buying a new rod, I needed I will bend it as I plan to eliminate it in the future anyway. I would like to add some motors and actuators in the future. Maybe next year if funds permit. When I fired up the blower I had a problem with the inside end of the auger fins hitting the bottom of the bucket, both sides were hitting, but only one of the fin ends on each auger, I assumed this was a manufacturing flaw and ground them off so they cleared. Thanks for your great posts they were greatly helpful.
randy82k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.