Any experience with a Percise Fit Dump Cart from Lowes? - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 05-18-2008, 09:38 AM   post #1 of 6
Spanks79
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 8850
Default Any experience with a Percise Fit Dump Cart from Lowes?

I am in the market for a dump cart and have been shopping around. I cam across this unit at Lowes and it looks intersting given the price point.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...02D&lpage=none

It is steel and has sides that can be folded down. I went to lowes to see it they had one on display and they were only in boxes. Box is heavy as ****, so it must not be too flimsy. It is probably a bit bigger than I need but I would rather error on the side of too big than too small. I am hoping for some feedback because it is either this or the 12.5 cuft poly cart from Sears which is about $60 cheaper.

Thanks in advance.
Spanks79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2008, 09:55 AM   post #2 of 6
jdkubotamurray
Guru on the Mountain

MTF Member # 147
Default Re: Any experience with a Percise Fit Dump Cart from Lowes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanks79 View Post
I am in the market for a dump cart and have been shopping around. I cam across this unit at Lowes and it looks intersting given the price point.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...02D&lpage=none

It is steel and has sides that can be folded down. I went to lowes to see it they had one on display and they were only in boxes. Box is heavy as ****, so it must not be too flimsy. It is probably a bit bigger than I need but I would rather error on the side of too big than too small. I am hoping for some feedback because it is either this or the 12.5 cuft poly cart from Sears which is about $60 cheaper.

Thanks in advance.
I have a similar unit from TSC. High deck height 4 wheels difficult to back up, holds alot, I put plywood in bottom of mine.
jdkubotamurray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2008, 10:31 AM   post #3 of 6
tec2484
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 6767

I have one of the poly carts from sears. They work ok for light things but don't load it down with dirt. I over loaded my and the poly started flexing and never returned to shape.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:56 PM   post #4 of 6
cooltimbers
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 11093

I don't have that particular cart, but I bought two other Precise Fit items and they were both of good quality.

Also, they have a very good method of packing the hardware that makes assembly easy.

I overloaded their smaller cart with dirt with no problems.

Last edited by cooltimbers; 05-18-2008 at 08:58 PM. Reason: none
cooltimbers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2008, 06:51 AM   post #5 of 6
CCinCT
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 1601

I bought that exact cart 2 years ago, and so far I've been very happy with it. I've mostly used it to move wood, bags of sand and cement, and brush. It's handled very heavy loads with no problems, and no deformation. I've had it stacked to the top of the side rails with wood many times with no problems. The tires have held up very well: I've never had to put air in them despite all the debris I've run over.

There are two "features" I haven't used though: I don't dump the cart (I have a poly cart for lose materials), and I don't lower the sides. My cart is outside all the time, so the slide latches have rusted. Removing them is possible, but difficult. Do yourself a favor and coat them periodically with WD-40 or something like that.
  • 47" snow blower
  • Power sleeve hitch
  • Tractor shovel
  • Tractor lift
Previously:
2006 Cub Cadet 2544 - Loved it
CCinCT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2008, 07:12 AM   post #6 of 6
grnspot110
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 4515
Garage

I bought that cart from Lowe's about 2yrs. ago, only problem I see, it could stand a paint job already (dulled). As CCinCT said, the hardware rusted, but what do you expect from China? Overall, a good cart for the $$$. If you use the rail on top, I put hairpin keepers in the two holes where the side rails meet the front rail to make it easier to fold down. ~~ grnspot110
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.