need a opinion on a 3 point 5 foot farmking finishing mower - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 04-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
Mr. Dave
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 5114
Default need a opinion on a 3 point 5 foot farmking finishing mower

One of my neighbors has a 5 foot farmking finishing mower that he bought for his 2210 and he is selling it cause he says it doesn't do the best job on uneven ground. He said he bought it 3 years ago for 1400.00 plus he had to buy the PTO shaft seperate. He used it less than 6 times and it shows it. He said he would let me have it for 900.00. I was thinking about getting it cause I put a skid plate on my 2305 and I have to take it off to put on the MMM and this would be easier to take on and off. I also have some uneven ground but is there a way to get a good even cut with these 3 point finishing mowers. I would appreciate some opinions from some people with experience using these finishing mowers and is farmking a decent brand. It was factory painted JD green.

Thanks...Dave
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #2
cdhd2001
Good at breaking stuff!

MTF Member # 1861
Default Re: need a opinion on a 3 point 5 foot farmking finishing mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dave View Post
One of my neighbors has a 5 foot farmking finishing mower that he bought for his 2210 and he is selling it cause he says it doesn't do the best job on uneven ground. He said he bought it 3 years ago for 1400.00 plus he had to buy the PTO shaft seperate. He used it less than 6 times and it shows it. He said he would let me have it for 900.00. I was thinking about getting it cause I put a skid plate on my 2305 and I have to take it off to put on the MMM and this would be easier to take on and off. I also have some uneven ground but is there a way to get a good even cut with these 3 point finishing mowers. I would appreciate some opinions from some people with experience using these finishing mowers and is farmking a decent brand. It was factory painted JD green.

Thanks...Dave
I posted a reply then realized you asked about a "finish mower" and not a "rotary cutter".

Someone should be along shortly to help with the question...

FYI, I have been using my rotary cutter (with 2 back wheels!) as a "finish" mower. Looks good to me but then I am not a mowing perfectionist. Plus I live out in the country and my neighbors should just be happy that I even mowed the grass...

Forest fires are not fun!

Last edited by cdhd2001; 04-20-2008 at 10:24 PM.
cdhd2001 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #3
NEWT92
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 8405

Hey Mr Dave, I have a 6' Farm King finish mower that I bought used about 3 years ago. Mine is blue, and does work great. I bought it for mowing areas that gets mowed every 3 or 4 weeks. I bought it for around $480 from a dealer. Its in really good condition. I would say $900 would be a good buy if it was used like 6 times. Also mine is a side discharge and does not throw the grass out very far, but does not windrow. Some clippings just drop down under the mower like the blades are not supplying enough vacuum. Overall I do like the mower, but like I said I dont use it on a week to week basis. Good luck Dave!!
NEWT92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #4
Ken N Tx
Retired MTF Admin

MTF Member # 117
Garage
Thumbs up Re: need a opinion on a 3 point 5 foot farmking finishing mower

I use a 5' King Kutter finish mower..It cuts a lot better that when I used a rotary cutter..

My ground is not even and it rides on 4 caster/swivel wheels..

$900 sounds like a good price!!
Old 04-21-2008, 07:33 AM   #5
Mr. Dave
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 5114

Hi NEWT92,
Does the side discharge make a differnce on the Farm King finish mower?
Regards...Dave
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #6
NEWT92
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 8405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dave View Post
Hi NEWT92,
Does the side discharge make a differnce on the Farm King finish mower?
Regards...Dave

I really cant answer that because I never used a rear discharge. I have seen on some rear discharge mowers, if the grass is tall and/or wet they will windrow bad, between each blade. I can say that I have cut some tall grass and mine has never left a noticable windrow. The discharge on mine is wide open from front to back. Also, the way the underside is designed, as far as the baffles, is wide open so no real chance to really create alot of vaccum, so thats why some clipping just fall down, and not get thrown out. Mine is about, if I had to guess around 10 or so years old. The newer decks may be different.
NEWT92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.