Any Country Clipper owners here?? - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 04-05-2008, 11:32 PM   post #1 of 8
Indy452
5K Poster!!!

MTF Member # 7780
Default Any Country Clipper owners here??

I'm looking at the country clippers mid mount ZTR's here in town for mowing this large lawn in the pics what do you all think?

I need some feed back on CC Jazee 48" deck. This one has the twin Briggs with cast Iron sleeves in the cylinders.
It seems like a solid little machine but I don't know much about them.

I use a 60" diesel Kubota Grasshopper front mount ztr at work but I really like the mid mount Country Clipper for compact design. Any thoughts?

I know its hard to tell just how large this yard is but I need to get on it within two weeks because this pic was taken in winter and now the grass is greening up.
What size deck cut should I be using? Right now I'm looking at the 48" or 52".
Oh one last question, does $4,020.00 seem like an O.K. price for the CC Jazee?

Thanks, Neal

Link, http://www.countryclipper.com/reside...features.shtml

Pics of lawn,

Indy452 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2008, 01:09 AM   post #2 of 8
johndeere
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 207
Default Re: Any Country Clipper owners here??

My Nephew Inlaw has one.He has had it a few seasons.He has had good luck with his.Its a 42'' I think and has the single joy stick.There well made no plastic and well desighned.I was thinking he gave around $4000.00 for his.So your price seems very good?
johndeere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 09:07 AM   post #3 of 8
Indy452
5K Poster!!!

MTF Member # 7780

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeere View Post
My Nephew Inlaw has one.He has had it a few seasons.He has had good luck with his.Its a 42'' I think and has the single joy stick.There well made no plastic and well desighned.I was thinking he gave around $4000.00 for his.So your price seems very good?
Yeah, its a single joystick model. That will take a bit of getting used to if I get it. Kinda like the hustler ztrs but to the side.
The deck seems easy to access and it was not too heavy. You had to unhook a belt and remove a pin and you could just pull the deck out and up I don't remember the procedure exactly but there were no tools required. I like that I would not need to crawl around on the floor to remove blades or unclog or use a jack etc. The deck pulls out and stands vertical for mantenance.

All steel construction is something that I really liked. This is last years model so I think the dealer has a price drop to move it out.

If anyone has anything to add please do so, I realize ztrs are not a very widely talked about subject on MTF (not sure why, seems to be a popular type of mower now days) but any feedback is important to me.

Thanks, Neal
Indy452 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2008, 10:52 AM   post #4 of 8
grnspot110
2000 Posts and climbing!!!

MTF Member # 4515
Garage

I looked at Country Clipper about 5 yrs. ago, went with Bush Hog instead. The Bush Hog Mid Mount (25 HP, Kohler, 54") is built heavier, of course it cost more, around $7500. A CC dealer told me the joy stick was fine on flat yards, but not hills (doesn't look like a problem for you)! A lot of my decision was the dealer, no CC dealer close & a good BH dealer. I liked the CC's flip up deck, but I can lift the front of mine with a hoist or tractor. Also with the heavier unit, I don't intend to ever buy another mower! ~~ grnspot110
Old 10-21-2008, 05:19 PM   post #5 of 8
Orangedotfever

MTF Member # 18902

Hey Neal. I just noticed this thread. Did you end up with the CC? I have an 52" Jazee Pro and love it.

Mitch
1980 R7070 ?hp F Series
1985 Toro 20581 2 cycle Suzuki
1988 7351 4hp F Series
1991 M21ZMRD 5hp M Series converted to a pusher
1991 L21ZPNC 4hp F Series
1991 C21ZPN 4hp F Series on a 1978 7268 Deck
1995 10415 5hp F Series
2003 10424 6.5hp Duraforce
2007 2352KOJ-SR355 Country Clipper Jazee Pro ZTR

"Need" has nothing to do with it!
Orangedotfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2008, 09:27 AM   post #6 of 8
Dude11

MTF Member # 8852

It would depend on dealers in your area,I think.But with a flat large yard as yours,it screams 60"deck,dual stick controls.Is there an Exmark dealer around? I know big $$ for commerial equipment,but they are built way tougher,easier to maintain,dual pumps,filtered systems,etc. with your pick.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:40 PM   post #7 of 8
tractorsteve
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 30384

Can anyone tell me about the Country Clipper 2504 MT Commercial ZTR ? Has 650 hours. 25 hp Kohler w/54" deck. I hear them referred to as Jazze and other names, but not by numbers. How old is this thing? Will it take any attachments? Anything you can tell me will help, Thanks!
tractorsteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2009, 12:57 AM   post #8 of 8
Orangedotfever

MTF Member # 18902

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractorsteve View Post
Can anyone tell me about the Country Clipper 2504 MT Commercial ZTR ? Has 650 hours. 25 hp Kohler w/54" deck. I hear them referred to as Jazze and other names, but not by numbers. How old is this thing? Will it take any attachments? Anything you can tell me will help, Thanks!
The numbers you gave don't make sense but here goes. CC's numbering system goes like this, engine HP/deck size. So the numbers you give would mean a CC ZTR of 25 hoursepower and a 4 inch deck. Huh? For the numbers you state it should be a 2554. BUT.....as far as I know, Country Clipper didn't make a 54 inch deck. They jumped from 52 to 60 inch decks. I don't think they made a 54" deck, but I could be wrong with an older model. Letters after the numbers mean engine manufacturer. KA=Kawasaki KO=Kohler BS=Briggs. The next letter means the controls. J=joystick T=Twin Lever. Then you have the various models that designate frame size and style. Mine is an SR-355, which is a Jazee Pro frame. I'm not current on those but when I bought mine they were:

Jazee one - the small frame
Jazee - the medium frame
Jazee Pro - Medium/heavy frame with pivioting front end
Charger - Heavy frame
Boss - Full Commerical

Mine is a Jazee Pro 23hp Kohler with 52" deck and joystick control, therefore it's a 2352KOJ SR-355. I love my Country Clipper with the joystick control and flip-up deck. The joystick is easy to learn and gives you a free hand to push away limbs or other objects. Let us know how you come out. Go here if you haven't already. Give them a phone call.

http://www.countryclipper.com/
1980 R7070 ?hp F Series
1985 Toro 20581 2 cycle Suzuki
1988 7351 4hp F Series
1991 M21ZMRD 5hp M Series converted to a pusher
1991 L21ZPNC 4hp F Series
1991 C21ZPN 4hp F Series on a 1978 7268 Deck
1995 10415 5hp F Series
2003 10424 6.5hp Duraforce
2007 2352KOJ-SR355 Country Clipper Jazee Pro ZTR

"Need" has nothing to do with it!
Orangedotfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.