Struck Corp Crawlers - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 03-14-2008, 08:39 PM   post #1 of 34
Drawbar
Proud Member of the 1K Club

MTF Member # 2728
Default Struck Corp Crawlers

I was looking through a Mother Earth News magazine of recent vintage and was shocked to see this company is still in business. I remember growing up seeing their ads and wondering if there mini-bulldozers were any good.

With the internet now, I could not help but go on their website and checkout the machines. I am not really looking to buy one, but was curious:

How many people on here have a Struck Corp mini-bulldozer, or have owned one at some point? Anyone got pictures? What are your opinions about them? Is anyone considering buying one of their new models?

I am not making any judgments on their products, I just think the whole mini-bulldozer idea is cool.

http://www.struckcorp.com/

Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 09:00 PM   post #2 of 34
jeepersmitty
Retired Aug.31 2007

MTF Member # 6130
Default Re: Struck Corp Crawlers

I would really like to have one of those. Price does not seem too bad.
jeepersmitty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2008, 09:08 PM   post #3 of 34
Tractor-Holic
10,000 +posts!

MTF Member # 8867
Smile Re: Struck Corp Crawlers

I've never owned one myself,but know some guys who had a Struck Magnatrac..one was a landscaper,his had the backhoe attachment..other guy was a tree surguen,he used his mostly to drag logs to the chipper..

From what I heard from both of them,they were very rugged machines,and powerful for their size..and they ain't light,the one with the backhoe weighed over 3000 lbs if I remeber correctly..

I always wondered how "good" they were too,as a kid I remember lusting for one every time I read the ad in a Mechanix Illustrated magazine!.(for a mini-doer,and the "Economy" tractor,"all gear drive,no belts to slip!" )...guess since they still are in bussiness to this day,they must be doing somethng right..

Doubt if I'll ever own one though--I saw a Magnatrack on "Craigslist" here a few weeks ago with a backhoe--asking price for a 6 year old "well used" macine,was 15,000 bucks or BO!.. I did see a similar unit last summer at a tractor pull called a "scat-track" ..no motor,left outside to weather for years--with a faded "for sale" sign oin it,with an asking price of 600 bucks or best offer!..too rough for me..
Tractor-Holic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2008, 10:36 PM   post #4 of 34
Shack
2000 Posts and climbing!!!

MTF Member # 7021

I know a guy with a magnatrac and he swears by it, lives about 100 miles from me so it's kinda far to go check it out tho.
12" landpride turn plow,
40 Gallon Fimco sprayer,
KK carry all,
King Kutter XB box blade,
King Kutter XB middlebuster/subsoiler,
King Kutter cultivator
Hesston 5 ft soil pulverizer
Shack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2008, 10:39 PM   post #5 of 34
bontai Joe
Citizen of Earth

MTF Member # 51

I am so happy to see a company that makes decent stuff, not get swallowed up and disappear like so many other other comapnies that made niche equipment like Kemp, W.W. Grinder, GardenWay and others.

ALWAYS remember to remove the spark plug wire from the plug before sticking your hand in the machine!!!! The fingers you save could be your own.
bontai Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2008, 11:13 PM   post #6 of 34
HydroHarold
10,000 +posts!

MTF Member # 82

Two things I wanted as a youth... A Struck dozer and a Cushman Eagle. Later on I had to be satisfied on Cats and English vertical twins... Struck must have had something solid going for them lasting to this day...
HydroHarold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 12:22 AM   post #7 of 34
Ken in NJ

MTF Member # 284

They are neat and have been around a long time. I remember them from Popular Mechanics ads.

I have a old Case/Davis tracked ride on trencher with push blade .. take off the trencher end and it looks close to the struck photo.. just a little bigger.

It was bought about 5 years ago .. I have used it a few times for trenching in soft soggy ground.. and have also used it to do some grading .. the tracks are the best for that .. it will push a good amount of dirt with out making ruts.

I just tried to find a photo .. must not be many around .. no online photos .. I will try to take one tomorrow.
Ken in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 07:09 AM   post #8 of 34
Drawbar

MTF Member # 2728

Quote:
Originally Posted by bontai Joe View Post
I am so happy to see a company that makes decent stuff, not get swallowed up and disappear like so many other other comapnies that made niche equipment like Kemp, W.W. Grinder, GardenWay and others.
I agree 100%. I have run into two companies thus far that are like this. This Struck Corp being one of them, and the other being a company called Gilliom Manufacturing. Its kind of neat because both companies have kit like machines. Obviously Struck makes the mini-bulldozers,and this other company makes woodworking tools. Both are still in business after having their major success in the 1970's or so.

As for the dozers...I am not sure I would go out and buy one, but being a fabricationist/machinist, I could certainly see myself making one. At least morphing something together from an old lawn tractor.

I was kind of thinking about a half track design, something that I could mow my lawn with, but yet get a little better traction on the hilly areas. I got 100 feet or so of this conveyor belting that would make perfect rubber tracks. I just need to define a design and start building I guess.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:23 AM   post #9 of 34
Rodney in VA
Retired and Busy!

MTF Member # 6015

Drawbar:

Wow... that is just way cool! If I was filthy rich I would have so many toys! I would love to have something like the RS1000 to play with. My wife says I'm insane, and when it comes to machines and tools I suppose I am. I just don't have the funds to back up my addiction.
"Retired and Busy"
Rodney in VA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 11:34 AM   post #10 of 34
HydroHarold
10,000 +posts!

MTF Member # 82

Quote:
I just don't have the funds to back up my addiction.
Yup!! That's why we're labeled "addicts" and not "tycoons"!
HydroHarold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 01:58 PM   post #11 of 34
Tractor-Holic
10,000 +posts!

MTF Member # 8867
Smile Re: Struck Corp Crawlers

I've seen a few "home brewed" garden tractors that had been "converted" to tracks,using old snomobile tracks ,and a bogie wheel,similar to the ones posted here in another post to groom the ski trails..not sure if they were still good for mowing your lawn after that,but I bet they plowed pretty darn good!..

I also saw a Ford 8N or similar tractor with tracks on it in VT a few years ago..not sure if it was a home built thing,or if Ford had an optional track conversion kit available??..

Robert
Tractor-Holic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 02:56 PM   post #12 of 34
Drawbar

MTF Member # 2728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor-Holic View Post
I also saw a Ford 8N or similar tractor with tracks on it in VT a few years ago..not sure if it was a home built thing,or if Ford had an optional track conversion kit available??..

Robert
Nothing home brewed about it. Ford had a conversion kit that you could add. My Grandfather had one for his Ford 8n. The system worked good too,especially in the snow when he was logging.

Massey Ferguson had a track system too...

Old 03-17-2008, 02:53 PM   post #13 of 34
Dragon
Handyman

MTF Member # 6544

Great looking machines. Struck has been around for a long time.

The are located in Cedarburg Wisconsin. I wonder if they give tours?

Anyways.... A long time ago they made a great kit vehicle called a Mini-Beep. A very starnge lawn tractor I must say. But cooler than most. I located a website of a guy who owns one. Here is the link:

http://www.highridgetractorparts.com...nTractors.html

The Mini-Beep is the third photo down on the list. It looks like a miniature willis jeep of WWII vintage. Just below the first photo there is a link to a PDF of a Mini-Beep Brochure. This guy has lots of other stuff too, take a look.

Have to wait for the winning lottery ticket to get one of those dozers though.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 06:22 PM   post #14 of 34
Grateful11
2000 Posts and climbing!!!

MTF Member # 5025

I thought I was the only one that wanted one as a kid! We're sick I tell ya!
'91 CaseIH 5140 Maxxum w/cab
'78 IH 686 w/M&W Turbo 106 PTO hp w/canopy
Grateful11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2008, 07:28 PM   post #15 of 34
danbike
Bikes/Tractors what else

MTF Member # 1530

So I'm not the only person who lusted over or still lusts over one of their products. Man, talk about awesome.
19XX VESPA PX200EFL
1964 Vespa GL(oldest original owner Vespa in the US)
danbike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.