BearCat 70554 PTO Chipper - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

SCUT/CUT Attachment Reviews Push it, pull it, or hang it on your SCUT/CUT? Review it here!

Old 03-23-2005, 06:21 PM   post #1 of 4
Wingnut
Once was a Super Member

MTF Member # 75
Default BearCat 70554 PTO Chipper

I have had it now for more than a month and I have used for about 15 hours. It is a very impressive with it performance. It cost $3009.00 so before I went out and bought it I did a lot of research on all the major brands. The one thing donít like about is that it discharge chute is on the bottom, I can buy a 360 degree top discharge two speed blower but at a price of $1670.00 I can do a whole lot of shoveling!
It does have reversible blades, and it has a very heavy flywheel, which is a must if you donít want to stress your PTO assembly. I have yet had to replace the blades but it very easy access to them. It is great for the disposal of cedar trees (central Texas weeds) and I have more than enough of those water stealing weeds. For a 4 inch in diameter piece of wood in chips it up about a second a foot! It is also potentially the most dangerous piece of equipment I own, you can lose a finger or hand in a blink of an eye.
I have had no trouble getting rid of the mulch this time of year (I should be selling but I am giving it away to my friends). I highly recommend this chipper it has a branch chute and a gravity feed top leaf chute for chipping and mulching! It nice not having to burn everything and wait for the fire to go out. I still have flashbacks to the movie ďFargoĒ --- Is that you friend you putting in chipper is it?---

I have included a before and after shots of an area that took 6 hours to clear and the mulch it made. I did keep some cedars fo fence post.
Do you see the Chevy in the first photo?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	81   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	82   Click image for larger version

Name:	C35 chipper.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	83  

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong, because someday in life you will have been all of these.

Lose money while restoring a Farmall F-12 let me show you how!

CLICK HERE
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2005, 07:50 PM   post #2 of 4
neil_nassauequipment
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 54

I remember when you were doing the research.....told ya' you'd like it.

Bearcat is THE chipper whether PTO or engine driven. We just got in a Bearcat 8" hydraulic feed w/24hp Honda being delivered to a local tree service. Really nice chipper....little more than 3k though.It is nice to know that the quality in the big chippers is in their smaller ones.
neil_nassauequipment is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2005, 08:21 PM   post #3 of 4
ducati996
Proud Member of the 1K Club

MTF Member # 39

Looks like excellent mulch too ! nice and small and you have that nice cedar
It runs about $18-20 per yard around here....

Whats the PTO requirements for that?

Duc
ducati996 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2005, 08:37 PM   post #4 of 4
Wingnut
Once was a Super Member

MTF Member # 75

Neil it was you advise that made spend the $500 extra and get the BearCat. Youíre an equipment dealer that share your opinion with me here on are forum on what great product Caray produced and you made no commission on the sale.

Sure I could have gone cheap with a Chinese wood chipper for half the price, but there no support and also came across one that the flywheel broke in the 3 pieces and at 2300 rpm flywheel confetti flew and luckily didnít kill or injury.

Neil you steered me good

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong, because someday in life you will have been all of these.

Lose money while restoring a Farmall F-12 let me show you how!

CLICK HERE
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.