Agri fab 42" snowblower throwing auger belt - Page 4 - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 PM   post #46 of 95
McDerry
MTF Member

MTF Member # 72849
Default Re: Agri fab 42" snowblower throwing auger belt

part # 27280 is quite possibly either bent, or loose. Have you hit anything? Got anything stuck in the impeller?
McDerry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 08:23 PM   post #47 of 95
Whirly
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 29308

have u checked that lower spring to see if it has streached any....if it hasn't then I suggest also that u try a spirng that is a lil shorter...just b carefull that u don't get it too tight tho..
Whirly is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2013, 08:26 PM   post #48 of 95
Whirly
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 29308

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDerry View Post
part # 27280 is quite possibly either bent, or loose. Have you hit anything? Got anything stuck in the impeller?
wat part is this......??
Old 02-10-2013, 08:59 PM   post #49 of 95
McDerry
MTF Member

MTF Member # 72849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirly View Post
wat part is this......??

The part that the two idler pulleys are hooked too. Its bolted to the back of the snow thrower housing by 4, 5/16 bolts. Its only function is to align the pulleys. If the lower bolts have worked loose it would allow the pulleys to cant away from the housing when under tension. The heavier the load, the more tension.

A bolt, stud/nut should be visible in the picture where I have the red circle.

I wouldn't be surprised if a nut or two backed off and fell into the snow.

I use the 42" version of this blower. It works really well. This will be season 7 on the original belts. Chewed right through the 30 inches that nemo just dumped on me, not to mention the 5' drifts. With the 6 speed in 1st it will cut through a good foot without bogging and launch it 70 so feet if thrown with the curve. On a hydrostatic unit where you can just creep into the deep stuff it should have no problem.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 PM   post #50 of 95
RAND81
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 48380

Quote:
The part that the two idler pulleys are hooked too. Its bolted to the back of the snow thrower housing by 4, 5/16 bolts. Its only function is to align the pulleys. If the lower bolts have worked loose it would allow the pulleys to cant away from the housing when under tension. The heavier the load, the more tension.

I use the 42" version of this blower. It works really well. This will be season 7 on the original belts. Chewed right through the 30 inches that nemo just dumped on me, not to mention the 5' drifts. With the 6 speed in 1st it will cut through a good foot without bogging and launch it 70 so feet if thrown with the curve. On a hydrostatic unit where you can just creep into the deep stuff it should have no problem.
I will check that part as soon as i can. I doubt it would be damaged, something could be loose though. I have not hit anything at all and havent sucked anything into the augers.

The missing bolt/nut is missing because the manual said to remove it. What does it do?

This blower is a 42" btw.
48" Blade
Sleeve hitch
Agri-fab box-blade
55 pound wheel weights plus tire chains
Ohio Steel utility tray
RAND81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2013, 10:13 PM   post #51 of 95
Whirly
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 29308

I would do a check to see ifany of the lift assembly will hit that nut...if it is clear....I would reinstall the nut..

I think u should have a mile of room in that area...
Old 02-10-2013, 11:35 PM   post #52 of 95
McDerry
MTF Member

MTF Member # 72849

You remove the height limiting nut for the Garden tractors, not the nut that holds that plate on.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:31 AM   post #53 of 95
Whirly
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 29308

havin that nut off can let the pully flex the unit enuf to let the belt fly off
Old 02-11-2013, 08:34 AM   post #54 of 95
RAND81
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 48380

Quote:
You remove the height limiting nut for the Garden tractors, not the nut that holds that plate on.
I only removed the height limiting nut, what plate do you mean?
48" Blade
Sleeve hitch
Agri-fab box-blade
Ohio Steel utility tray
Old 02-11-2013, 11:40 AM   post #55 of 95
mikeinri
2000 Posts and climbing!!!

MTF Member # 62115

FWIW, I agree that your mule drive is installed correctly. The head of the spring does need to come out for the auger belt.

Trust me, there is a way to screw that up, if you start with the pulley on the wrong side of the belt...

I think they're onto something with the alignment of the front end.

If all else fails, since this is a new unit, I might be looking to get it repaired or replaced by Sears.

Mike
mikeinri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 12:08 PM   post #56 of 95
RAND81
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 48380

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinri View Post
FWIW, I agree that your mule drive is installed correctly. The head of the spring does need to come out for the auger belt.

Trust me, there is a way to screw that up, if you start with the pulley on the wrong side of the belt...

I think they're onto something with the alignment of the front end.

If all else fails, since this is a new unit, I might be looking to get it repaired or replaced by Sears.

Mike
I didnt want to say anything but i do have a sears service guy coming on thursday. I didnt want to say anything because i didnt want people to stop trying to help me figure this out. I dont think the repair guy will be of much help.

I have a warranty on the blower, i didnt want the warranty but it kinda just happened, long story.

Anyways i doubt this repair guy will be much help. I bet all be is going to do is put a new belt on it. I dont see what more he could do. Like i said, the belt, pulleys and the whole blower is put together perfectly.
48" Blade
Sleeve hitch
Agri-fab box-blade
Ohio Steel utility tray
Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 PM   post #57 of 95
Oo-v-oO
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 32338
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAND81 View Post
Ya sears wants $90 plus shipping. So i googled the belt model number and came up with vbeltsforless.com, $20 plus shipping.

I still doubt its the belt though, the belt looks fine.

Im also not sure how someone could mount the belt the wrong way, there is only one way it can go on.
FWIW, I have used blue Kevlar Vbeltsforless auger belts on two different Craftsman blowers and had nothing but good luck with them. Off the top of my head they are #B111K.
I use their A series Kevlar belt for the mule drive, too.
Oo-v-oO is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 PM   post #58 of 95
BillB
Pie R Round

MTF Member # 36410

I'm a little late to the party, but I had the same symptom with mine once. The belt would stay on for a few feet, then the tractor would just spit the belt off. This happened when I tried using a belt that was the correct size, but the wrong construction. It was a fractional horsepower belt that I bought because I was tired of paying $70+ for the belts from Sears. For this application, you must use a Kevlar wrapped belt. I have to wonder if you were supplied the wrong belt - fractional horsepower belts are usually black, like yours, and have no continuous cloth wrapping. The OEM belts from Sears that I've seen (and I've seen several) have been a light gray color. And I've recently started using the blue Kevlar belts from vbelts4less without issue at one-third the price.

Bill
1973 Cub Cadet 108, 42" Deck, Snow/Dirt blade and Dump Cart
BillB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM   post #59 of 95
Whirly
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 29308

Quote:

RAND81
have u checked ur blower where McDerry has the lil red circle to see if there is a nut missing in the photo....this nut is holdin the plate that has ur pullies mounted on to the back of ur blower...if it is missing the 2 lower pullies can b out of alignment with the blower pully & that is wat causin ur belt to come off...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 PM   post #60 of 95
RAND81
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 48380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo-v-oO View Post
FWIW, I have used blue Kevlar Vbeltsforless auger belts on two different Craftsman blowers and had nothing but good luck with them. Off the top of my head they are #B111K.
I use their A series Kevlar belt for the mule drive, too.
Apparently you cant cancel your order from Vbeltsforless so i ended up getting it anyways. I didnt think twice about ordering to begin with since all the reviews i saw for it everyone loved it and said its a fantastic belt for this application. Im not going to install it until the repair guy comes though, i wanna see what he has to say first.

Im not very hopeful he will be much help anyways, ive been through the manual a million times, ive removed and reinstalled almost the entire blower and pulley system, i cant see anything wrong with it at all and if i cant, i dont see how he will be able to either.

But at least i will have some kind of paper trail and if i have to get my money refunded it will be easier to do so, at that point i will just get a snowblade for the tractor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillB View Post
I'm a little late to the party, but I had the same symptom with mine once. The belt would stay on for a few feet, then the tractor would just spit the belt off. This happened when I tried using a belt that was the correct size, but the wrong construction. It was a fractional horsepower belt that I bought because I was tired of paying $70+ for the belts from Sears. For this application, you must use a Kevlar wrapped belt. I have to wonder if you were supplied the wrong belt - fractional horsepower belts are usually black, like yours, and have no continuous cloth wrapping. The OEM belts from Sears that I've seen (and I've seen several) have been a light gray color. And I've recently started using the blue Kevlar belts from vbelts4less without issue at one-third the price.

Bill
Yup ive seen alot of people say the same thing about this belt, sounds like a good belt for an amazingly low price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirly View Post
RAND81
have u checked ur blower where McDerry has the lil red circle to see if there is a nut missing in the photo....this nut is holdin the plate that has ur pullies mounted on to the back of ur blower...if it is missing the 2 lower pullies can b out of alignment with the blower pully & that is wat causin ur belt to come off...
Yes, i thought we covered this, maybe i wasnt clear about it. That bolt has to come out for garden tractors, if you dont you cant lower the blower down enough.

Im not sure what plate your talking about though, that has me thinking, i saw no plate in that area during assembly. Maybe i missed something? I dont see anything in the manual either though.
48" Blade
Sleeve hitch
Agri-fab box-blade
Ohio Steel utility tray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.