what is the difference be between BOLENS h16 xl and h16 ht.is one better than other? - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 12-30-2012, 04:51 PM   post #1 of 4
ericwest
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 38975
Default what is the difference be between BOLENS h16 xl and h16 ht.is one better than other?

just wondering what the difference is between a bolens h16 xl and h16 xt...they look so much the same...is one better than the other??..if so..why?
ericwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 07:37 PM   post #2 of 4
BOLENSBOY60
Proud Member of the 1K Club

MTF Member # 37707
Default Re: what is the difference be between BOLENS h16 xl and h16 ht.is one better than oth

never heard of an h16 xt- not saying there was`nt one- but the xl series are considered medium frame- and there was a h16 that was a tube frame- i believe they both came with tecumseh engines
BOLENSBOY60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 AM   post #3 of 4
bolenscase
MTF Member

MTF Member # 53935
Default Re: what is the difference be between BOLENS h16 xl and h16 ht.is one better than oth

well i dont have a xl but i seen 1 was thinking about buying-it was a geared tractor really stout looking,i currently own 2- h16 xt-model numbers are 1659,they both have 16 hp briggs,are hydrostatic,i have a tiller,that is driven by driveshaft off a front mule that is driven by belt also have a snow blower that works great on these,so impressed with these 2 that i keep an eye open for others i can pick up at a bargain,these 2 were built in 1982 and 1983-the 82 is really reliable workhorse,the 83 was bought as a parts tractor 4-5 years ago still havent had to use any parts off of it,if your thinking of buying one at a good price i would think you would be getting a good workhorse with either,good luck
bolenscase is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 01:43 PM   post #4 of 4
bushwacker
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 48556

The XL should have a single cyl tecumseh. The XT came with a twin cyl briggs and side panels on the hood. The later ones with the twin briggs were renamed Eliminator 1600 and they did not have the side panels on the hood. The twins run smoother than the singles. Both are bult on the same medium frame chassie and all attachments should interchange with a few changes listed below. There are two different pto drive attachments for the blower and tiller. The newer style ( cast iron bolt on with 4 studs ) will not work on older units that do not have mounting studs on the front axle assembly. The older style PTO drive adapters will work on all of them. Drive shafts for the tillers are diferent length depending on what drive adapter you have, the blowers will work with either one. The belt lengths are different for the PTO drive adapters depending on what engine they are used with and the old style pto drives may need to have the pully shimed for proper alingment when moving them from a twin to a single. The mower decks require different length belts when moving them from a twin to a single engine tractor.

Last edited by bushwacker; 01-01-2013 at 02:04 PM.
bushwacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.