Need HELP With Disconnecting PTO & 3-Point Hitch - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Register Home FAQ Garage MTF Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store Chat Room

Old 08-11-2012, 06:41 PM   post #1 of 6
wkmcgee
Senior MTF Member

MTF Member # 17793
Default Need HELP With Disconnecting PTO & 3-Point Hitch

I currently have a Farm Force Bush Hog attached to my 2005 Kubota BX1500 that I just bought. I have never had a tractor with a 3-point hitch. I do not know how to detach the PTO or how do you unhook the bottom to pins from the attachment? There does not seem to be any movement in the hitch, to allow me to get them unhooked. I want to hook up my box scraper. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

1975 Wheel Horse C160 w/Hydraulic Lift (Kohler K 16)
42" Side Discharge Rotary Mower (1975)
36" Tiller (1974)
42" Snow/Dozer Blade (1975)
10" Brinly Plow w/Coulter (1975)
WH Cultivator (NOS)

2005 Kubota BX1500 4WD
Kubota Front Loader LA181FL

1985 BCS 725 2-Wheel Walk-Behind (Kohler M 8)
Berta Rotary Plow (2006)
30" Tiller (1985)
36" Sickle Bar Mower (1985)
36" Dozer Blade (2006)
Hiller/Furrower (2006)
Chipper/Shredder Bio 100
wkmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 10:43 PM   post #2 of 6
MMx300
MTF Member

MTF Member # 11226
Default Re: Need HELP With Disconnecting PTO & 3-Point Hitch

Its not to hard once you get the hang of it. You may need to loosen your sway chains on the 3 pt assembly ( should be a turnbuckle that attaches to the lower lift arms ). Then take out the pins holding the implement on and give the lift arms a good kick or smack with a 2" x 4" or whatever is handy should pop right off. The pto will be held in place by a push pin at the very front. Push it in while pulling backwards and it should come off. Hope this helps.

Mike
MMx300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 08:50 AM   post #3 of 6
Doublebhomestead
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 78133
Smile Re: Need HELP With Disconnecting PTO & 3-Point Hitch

First, I find it easier to disconnect the drive shaft if you raise the lift arms to a point where the shaft will be straight and level. Also, I put WD-40 on the tractor PTO shaft before I hook it up, it helps it slide on and off. Then , when I set the mower down, I set it on 4X4 blocks toward the front of the mower. This allows you to raise and lower the arms to a point where there will be some slack in the tension on the lift pins on the implement. Once you do this and look at it closely you will understand what I am talking about. And this task is certainly easier with a helper!
Doublebhomestead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012, 04:28 PM   post #4 of 6
half_full
MTF Junior Poster

MTF Member # 67257

also, the top link has the ability to adjust length. Once you set the cutter down adjust the top link to remove pressure on the pins so you can remove the pin(s). When you hook it back up re-adjust the top link to level the cutter.
half_full is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 12:59 AM   post #5 of 6
RDR
3K Poster!!!!

MTF Member # 4731

This is about the fourth thread I have read tonight that someone started and never posted in their own thread.

When I'm unhooking my shredder, I lower it until there is no pressure on the toplink and unhook it. No change in adjustment this way. Then I unhook the pto shaft next. Then the lift arms. The way the grass grows here all year I don't put it up on anything. It doesn't sit long enough to start to rust.

I have to go through the same sequence hooking up my tiller. I have to lift it with the toplink unhooked to tip it back to get the pto shaft hooked up. Once hooked up it has an inch of clearance from being too long. Then I hook up the toplink.
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 10:40 PM   post #6 of 6
Mike Dodd
MTF Member

MTF Member # 66808

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkmcgee;2251922[...
I do not know how to detach the PTO or how do you unhook the bottom to pins from the attachment? There does not seem to be any movement in the hitch, to allow me to get them unhooked. I want to hook up my box scraper. I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Hi, Wanda. I'm just up the road from you, near Mineral. If you want to drive up, I'll be happy to show you about attaching and detaching implements on the 3PH and also the PTO. Please send me an email or private message if you're interested.
Woods 44" PTO tiller
King Kutter 4' PTO finishing mower
CountyLine 60" rear blade
King Kutter 60" landscape rake
CountyLine Middle buster
CountyLine Boom pole
Row shaper
Quick-attach pallet forks
3PH trailer hitch
Mike Dodd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.