My Tractor Forum banner

August Featured Member of the Month

21K views 49 replies 43 participants last post by  stladrill 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
PLEASE JOIN ME IN CONGRATULATING AUGUST 2012 FEATURED MEMBER OF THE MONTH

STLADRILL

Lawn Vehicle Grass Play Fun
Lawn Grass Vehicle Outdoor power equipment Lawn mower

Our newest featured Member of the Month, Steph, age 46, was a mechanic for almost 20 years. It was this line of experience that gave Steph the ability to work and modify his tractors to his liking. You can see a lot of his work and modifications on his YouTube video posted in his signature.

Steph is married to his lovely wife, Johanne for the past 5 years and have lived together 5 years before their marriage. Steph's wife was actually his first girlfriend at age 15. How cool is that! They share 3 kids from past unions.

Steph, member #31914 joined MTF in September 2009. He was kind enough to share some words with us.

What city, and state, do you live in?

From last year I live in the municipality of Les Cèdres in the Québec province (Canada), here we are surrounded by farmers that cultivate mostly Soya. I have a field right behind my backyard.
I was born in and live most of my life in the big city of Montreal, at my young age, in the part of Montreal where we were living, farmer lands were not cultivated anymore, we could see barns that were abandoned and old tractors rusting away.

Do you have any children?

Yes, two boys from a previous union, and one on my wife side.

If so, please give their names, and perspective ages:

Francis the youngest age 16, Samuel, his older brother is 18. Derek is their
half brother and is 19 years old.
Social group People Botany Team Grass family
Friendship Fun Sitting Event Leisure

Do you have any grandchildren?

Not yet but I have the feeling its coming.

How did you come to join MTF?

Like many members, after I bought my first tractor, I started looking on the internet about my tractor and found MTF, I found other forums also but MTF was more of my kind of forum. It has that friendly atmosphere.

What are your favorite forums and why?

My first stop is the John Deere lawn and garden then backyard round table, Workshops, Garage and Shed Discussions, Club MTF and many others, and I’m subscribed at 6 forums that I receive daily update.

What do you like most about MTF?

I don’t talk much but I read a lot, what I like the most about MTF forums is the respect of the members have between each other and by chance if a member gets out of line, MTF has an incredible group of moderators that keeps the peace in the most friendly way. Also learning from the vast knowledge that our members share.

Please list your tractors and/or equipment:

John Deere X300 2009 that become the X366 Stladrill Edition
44” Jon Deere snowblower
40” John Deere tractor shovel
40” John Deere thatcherator
42” John Deere lawn sweeper
Ohio Steel 24" x 36" Steel Lawn Roller
24" x 36" Tow Ready Hitch Cargo Carrier
Homemade rear box blade and other homemade tools for my rear lift system.
Land vehicle Vehicle Riding mower Lawn Mower

What is your favorite tractor or piece of equipment and why?

My favorite tractor is the one I upgraded the most, the cab with the alternator and the heater upgrades. It sure makes snow blowing a lot more fun being inside a heated cab!:fing32:

Is there a tractor or piece of equipment you'd love to own someday?
For sure, a SCUT is on my which list.

Tell us some of the tasks you use your tractors and/or equipment for?

I use my tractor and equipment to maintain my property and help my neighbors out when possible. Snow blowing is my favorite.

Could you describe your property for us?

I have about ½ acres of flat land with 5 trees in the front and only one in the back, a 24’x30’ garage, a 16’x12’ shed and a 66’x16’ house with basement.

Is there something you'd love to build or restore someday?

Too many things in my head, I’d like to build a wind power someday but for now I need a larger shed for storage.

Most memorable tractor moment?

When I got stuck in my back yard with the tractor, it was kind of an embarrassing moment at the time but now that I think about it, it makes me laugh!

Earliest tractor memories?

I was about 5~6 years old and my neighbor give me a ride on their Deere bulldozer, I’ll always remember that moment.

Do you have any other hobbies or interests that you'd like to share with us?

I like music, I was a DJ in the mid 80’S and still got the “vibe” inside me.
I like to create, modify, fix things of all kind, find new way to improve them, electrical/ mechanical I don’t mind, it’s in me.

What do the other people in your life think of your "tractor" hobby?
HA HA!!! ,,,,next question….

Again I would like to thank Steph for his interview and congratulate him on being the Featured Member of the Month.

See less See more
#7 ·
Congratulations Steph. This is well deserved.

I always look forward to seeing your posts because they are always informative, supportive, contain good advice, or feature a new project. I always enjoy them and nearly always learn something.

Again, congratulations and enjoy your month in the spotlight. You certainly deserve it. :fing32:

#10 ·
Excellent choice! Congratulations!

#14 ·
Congratulations! We all got to know Steph from his posts but the FMOM adds just a little more personal touch. Glad to know you a bit better. Nice family too! :)

#20 ·
Well-deserved honor Stephen. You have posted many informative threads. Congratulations! :trink39:

#21 ·
Congrats Stladrill. One of the best choices here yet. You more than deserve it.
:congrats::care::dancingpa:fest30::hug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.